Chapter 14

Three.

Two.

One.

Using all the strength that she has, (Y/N) broke free from the cage that was keeping her captive. She was still past the Gone and had no idea what she was doing. She took one of the Launchers and shot it at the guards. Whenever she would shoot someone, she'd let out a maniacal laugh.

(Y/N) didn't kill anyone that was in the Berg, as much as she wished she did. She just either shot them with the Launcher or trapped them in her cage. She saw that there was more than one hidden inside, which was useful for her. (Y/N)'s only goal was to find Dr. Janson and kick his shuck ass into the Scorch. He's been such a pain ever since. Before (Y/N) could reach him, she saw that he got himself in one of the pods and left.

(Y/N) yelled in frustration when she saw him leaving. She was about to control the Berg so that she could follow him but she thought that she could get him some other time. The other thing in her mind was Teresa. She was so mad at her for leaving her to be taken back to WICKED. She didn't want to go back to that place. That place that turned her into a monster.

(Y/N) went to the control room and sat on the pilot's seat. She remembered when she was taught how to fly these things. She was really nervous. As nervous as a teenager who's about to take her driver's test. She was taught by David who's one of her good friends in WICKED. (Y/N) wanted to start flying it but she knew that she had to get herself calm. The Berg was on autopilot which was headed back to WICKED. So she landed it when she had an inch of sanity left.

Try to be calm!

Try to be calm.

She kept on telling herself. It's getting really hard for her to be calm again. It used to be easy for her since she would just turn whenever she was hungry. Then when she was full, she'd be back to being herself; but it's different this time. She didn't turn because she was hungry. She turned for the most common reasons, she got angry.

"Try to think of something calming," she told herself.

Thomas.

Minho.

Newt.

Newt.

(Y/N) felt her eyes closing and she knew that she was going back to her normal self. She knew that everyone was locked away and that no one will do anything to her while she's asleep. (Y/N) let her eyes close and dream of the boy that she loved.

Newt.

Flashback...

When Newt and (Y/N) decided to give their relationship a try, they felt happy, excited and scared. They'd meet every night and just talk about their day. Both of their days were boring though. Newt had his tests and classes while (Y/N) had nothing to do it just go to the library that WICKED had, and read some books until her mom or someone calls her.

Some nights they won't talk but just enjoy each others company by sitting side by side. Whatever they do, the love that they have for each other is still strong and they felt as if nothing could come between them.

"Newt," (Y/N) called out to him in almost a whisper.

The both of them were in his room, lying on Newt's bed side by side. Their hands clasping each other's tightly as if someone was about to pull them apart.

"Yeah?"

"What will happen if you forget me?" She asked him.

"I don't know. Not remembering you seems so sad."

(Y/N) tried to imagine the look that Newt will give her if they'll see each other again. That looks that he'll give her saying that he doesn't know her. Those eyes that used to look at her with love, will become empty.

"It is," she agreed.

"(Y/N)," Newt turned his head to face her. "I hope that there's going to be a voice inside of me that will remind me about you."

"I hope so too. I love you Newt and I'll do anything it takes to save you from this disease," she promised him.

Present...

"Newt," (Y/N) whispered in her sleep.

She woke up and saw that she was asleep on the pilot's seat. She looked out and saw that it was already night. It would be a little harder to find the boys and girls because of that.

"I'm back," she smiled. She was no longer pass the Gone. She was back.

Even if it was hard to find her friends in the dark, she knows that she has to. When she let the Berg become airborne, a tempting thought came into her mind.

"What if I leave this place and go to Denver?"

That thought was entertained in her mind but she felt very selfish. Going to Denver or any other place that was considered safe, would mean that she'd leave her friends behind. (Y/N) didn't want to leave her friends behind. She knew that everyone of them deserved better lives, even Teresa. She no longer held any hatred for her best friend and saw that her mission was to get Newt to get the cure.

That was the only thing in her mind now.

To get him Cured.

When he's Cured, then the rest of the world.

Feeling a lot better, (Y/N) started to fly the Berg towards north. Which is the only direction that Dr. Janson gave them.

I'm coming Newt.

Now, I'm coming with a mission. A mission to protect you from anything that will harm you. To keep you safe until the day I die. To get you cured and live the life that you deserve.

I'll never leave you Newt.

Never.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade