Chapter 8

(Y/N) woke up when she felt something on her right arm. Something sharp. She opened her eyes and saw a syringe being injected inside of her. She saw that blood was being withdrawn from her body.

She looked at the liquid inside and saw that her blood was no longer red. Her eyes widened and she panicked. Her blood was the color of the Cure which was purple. She saw the doctor that was withdrawing blood from her and he was also shocked with what he saw.

When he left, (Y/N) thought that she would go back to sleep but she didn't feel tired at all. She felt a lot of energy. She felt strong. She tried to get out of the straps that she was in and she saw that almost broke the one on her left arm. Just one more pull and she would be free.

Before she do that one last pull, the door opened again revealing her mother.

"(Y/N)," she said. This was the first she's said her name in a long time. "My mission is complete," she showed her eyes which were glinting with pride. "I have finally found the Cure."

"Now what?" (Y/N) asked. "You can save the world now."

"Yes I can. With your blood, I can. You can cure anyone! So," she continued. "It's time for you to go back to sleep."

-

Newt woke up really early and just sat down, waiting for the sun to rise. He put his hand on the ground but it accidentally skidded on some rough rocks giving him a small  cut. Newt just rolled his eyes in annoyance and tended to it.

When he looked at the blood that was flowing, he can't help but remember something from his past.

Flashback...

It's been a month since Sonya was sent into the Maze and a month since Newt and (Y/N) have confessed their feelings for each other. She and Newt have been acting a little awkward lately.

As if they had no idea how to act around each other.

Everyone noticed it.

No matter how hard Newt and (Y/N) wanted things to be normal, it just couldn't.

That was until they decided to do something about it one day.

"Newt," (Y/N) started. Both she and him were inside her office. It was a month since they've been inside her office. "I don't like how things between us have been going," she said and Newt nodded in agreement.

"So what do you want to do about it?" Newt asked.

"What do you want to do about it?" She repeated. She had no idea really what she wanted to do and neither did he.

"Listen," Newt started. "I want you in my life even if we're just friends. I don't want you not to be in my life. So whatever you decide, I hope that you won't push me away."

(Y/N) can't help but blush with what he said. "Newt that's the problem. We can't be friends anymore. The awkwardness is just too much and you're going to the Maze in a few months," her voice cracked.

"(Y/N) please don't do this. Don't end what we have," he begged.

"What do we have?" She asked him. "What is it? Is it friendship? Is it romance? Is it love?"

"I really want you in my life (Y/N)," his voice cracked making (Y/N)'s heart break.

"I want you in mine too. But it's hard."

"Why do you make it hard?"

"What do you mean?" She asked, seeing that he was in to something.

"It'll be just you and me. We can just keep this a secret. Us," he took her hand.

"And this," he leaned in and their lips touched once more just like they did a month ago. Oh how they both missed the feeling of each other's lips. They had sleepless nights all because they craved for the other's touch.

When they pulled away, both of them had a goofy smile on their faces.

"It's just you and me (Y/N)."

"I can do that," she said. "It'll be us and only us."

"I've been waiting a long time to do that again. To feel your lips on mine again," he told her.

"Me too," she admitted.

Present...

"(Y/N)," he mumbled her name with a smile on his face. "I wonder where are you now?"

-

Three pints of blood later, (Y/N) still felt energetic and strong. Of course, she didn't show it to anyone and they weren't really paying attention to her vitals. They just wanted her blood. Her blood which could cure the entire world. But there was only one person (Y/N) wanted to cure, and that's Newt.

The next day, (Y/N) was dressed and was let out of the Experimentation Room for now. She was walking to her mother's office which she has known the way by heart. When she reached it, there was her mom, Dr. Janson and two guards standing beside her.

"Yes, mother what do you want?"

"I would like to thank you for saving the world (Y/N)."

(Y/N) nodded. "So when the control subjects get back here from the Scorch, they'll get the Cure?"

She scoffed. "Of course not (Y/N)."

"What?" She took one step closer to make sure if she heard her right.

"They're just Subjects. More important people need the Cure more than ever."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Her hands were balled into fists. "These kids gave you their lives to use for the future of the world! They deserve the Cure more than any rich person out there!"

"Now (Y/N), you know that your blood is very valuable."

"I can't believe it," she threw her hands on exasperation. "The world has already ended and until now it's all about money! The one who can bid the highest! You people disgust me," she spat at them.

She was going to walk out of the door but then the two guards stopped her.

"Where do you think you're going young lady?" Dr. Paige stood up from her seat and faced her daughter.

"Away. Away from all of this."

"Why do you think we'll let you leave just like that?"

"I know you won't."

What that last sentence, everything Everything was red in (Y/N)'s vision.

That's what happens when she let the crazy side of her take over. The Crank side.

Injecting a Crank's blood might've given them the Cure but it has a side effect on the person. Now (Y/N) is both a human and a Crank. Which is why she felt so strong even when three pints of blood was taken from her.

When (Y/N) went back to normal, she saw that she was no longer in WICKED Headquarters. She was out. She was free. She was in the Scorch. Without any idea how she left, but she only had one thing in mind.

I'm coming Newt.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade