Chapter 27

(Y/N) felt vibration in her entire body. She could hear the sound of the Berg as it was flying in the air. She could hear voices but they were inaudible. She couldn't make out the words that they were saying, it was as if it was all a blur.

(Y/N) felt someone touching her hand. That person's hand was rubbing her knuckles with his thumb. (Y/N)'s eyes opened and they wandered around before she realized that she was inside the Berg. She turned her head and saw that Newt was sitting right beside her, holding her hand.

"Hey," Newt smiled at her.

(Y/N)'s hand clasped Newt's and she let out a breath. She was about to prop herself up using her elbows but when her body made the slightest movement, she felt jolts of pain that made her cry out in pain.

"Woah," (Y/N) heard a familiar voice say right beside her. Jack.

"Jack," she said in a strained voice.

She heard him chuckle deeply. "You got pretty injured back there. Take it easy."

(Y/N) felt Newt's hand slip away from her. He walked away with heavy footsteps on the metallic floor, as if he seemed mad. (Y/N)'s hand was trying to reach out for him but unless she wanted her body to experience that much pain once more, she has to keep still for a while.

"What happened?" She asked him.

As far as she knew, Jorge's Berg doesn't have any beds and she's just lying on the cold metallic floor which was a nice contrast to the usual scorching weather.

"You passed out and we dragged you in here. Long story short, we escaped," he told her.

"How many hours was I asleep?"

"Just two hours."

(Y/N) blinked which was her way of nodding for now. "What about the equipment? Is it still there?"

"Yeah. It is."

"I need it. Please give it to me." Jack did as she asked and gave her the bag of equipment that she almost died for. "Please open it and take the syringe." Jack took out the syringe but his eyes were laced with confusion as he held it. "Now, I want you to take some blood from me."

"Wait, what?" Jack seemed shaken and stood up from his crouching position. "You want me to. . ." The question hung in the air but (Y/N) knew what he was asking. She couldn't help herself and she laughed a good hearty laugh for what seemed like since forever.

"Don't tell me you're scared to take some blood," she teased him.

"Well, I'm afraid to admit it but I am. I might be used to all the killing and all the injuries but I've never taken blood or placed any type of medicine inside of me. There's always someone who does it for me."

"What a big baby," (Y/N) laughed. "Fine, I won't force you to do something you wouldn't want to do. Plus, I'm scared that you might hit a wrong vein or something."

Some color came back into Jack's face and he handed (Y/N) the syringe. (Y/N) held the syringe with her right hand since she couldn't move her left arm due to her injury. She held the syringe tight and injected her left arm with it. (Y/N) didn't seem scared or fazed which Jack admired. She shouldn't have since she's done with a lot of times.

When she's already taken out enough blood, (Y/N) felt herself weaken a little. She didn't want to acknowledge it or even show it.

"Where are the others?" She asked Jack.

"Jorge is the pilot so he's flying this thing. Thomas, Brenda, and Minho are asleep as far as I know."