Chapter 25

After a couple of minutes, Dr. Janson went inside the room. He looked calm now, unlike earlier which he looked like a tomato. He took a seat and sat right in between the room, not saying a single word to either one of them.

"Were you really going to shoot me?" (Y/N) had the courage to ask even with the Launcher pointing at her.

Dr. Janson looked at her with a blank look on his face just like her mother had. "Yes. It won't do anything to you, other than give you five minutes of excruciating pain that you wish that I'd just shot you with a bullet. It's a weapon that is specially for you (Y/N). We certainly can't kill you and tranquilizing you won't be able to teach you a lesson."

(Y/N) didn't know what to say and just glared at Dr. Janson who now had a smug grin on his face.

"Newt," Dr. Janson faced him. "I'm a little curious why don't you want to remember anything about your past? Don't you want to remember anything about you and (Y/N) before the Maze? I mean you can see her being totally in love with you. Don't you feel the pressure of trying to love her back the way you used to before?"

"That's enough," (Y/N) snapped at him. "Whatever he feels and he thinks is his own. At least leave him that Janson."

"But doesn't it hurt (Y/N)? That Newt wouldn't love you the same way he did before? That you and him will never be the same again."

"I said enough!" She sat up from her seat and slammed Dr. Janson into the wall by the ends of his shirt. "What would you know about love you heartless monster?" She growled at him.

Dr. Janson was shocked and got scared when he saw (Y/N)'s eyes darken. But when he saw the five Launchers pointed at her, he regained his composure.

"Do it," he dared her. "But watch out, these guards will shoot when I tell them to."

(Y/N)'s grip on Dr. Janson began to loosen. When he noticed it, he pushed (Y/N) away causing her to land on her back on the ground. Minho and Newt wanted to help her up but then the Launchers were pointed at them. Mark offered to (Y/N) his hand. (Y/N) took it and sat right back in her seat.

"If you weren't the Cure, you would be suffering a great deal right now."

"You don't think I've suffered enough?" She shot at him. "You took all my blood. Starved me. Beat me. Lied to me, many times. Took Newt and my friends away from me! While you were just watching, enjoying the show. As far as I know, being the Cure is the worst thing that's ever happened to me!"

With that, (Y/N) sat on her seat quietly, feeling a little proud of saying her piece. Dr. Janson didn't contradict her or say anything else. He just sat on his seat just like her and waited for the news that Thomas was done.

As the four of them sat in utter silence, (Y/N) thought she'd go mad. Well, she already is mad with the Crank's blood inside of her. (Y/N) began to wonder of the plan that Mark or Jack has. Or if everything was nothing but a lie and Thomas and the two will get their memories back. (Y/N) thought it for the best, if Newt has his memories back, then he'll get the Cure.

The door bursted open shocking everyone in the room. Brenda and Thomas went inside surprising everyone. Brenda threw two grenades at the two guards making them cough because of the smoke. While Newt and Minho tackled the third guard. Jack handed (Y/N) a familiar dagger, the dagger that Newt gave her. Then he pointed the Laucher at Dr. Janson and Thomas did the same.

"What in God's name are you doing!?"

(Y/N) didn't feel that content with the dagger, she took one of the Launchers of the guards. Now the six of them were standing side by side. Four Launchers were pointed at Dr. Janson.

"Give me your key card, then get in the ground, hands on your head," Thomas said with a steady voice.

"This is completely lunacy," Dr. Janson said handing his key card to Thomas. (Y/N) gripped her Launcher tightly. She has a feeling that something isn't right. Dr. Janson spoke quietly and seemed calm under the circumstances, unlike earlier. "You have zero chance of getting out of this complex. More guards are on their way." Then he turned to Jack. "What is wrong with you boy? Why are you on their side?"

"Any side against WICKED is the side I'm on. And the name's Jack, not Mark."

"After all we've been through," (Y/N) spoke up taking a step closer to him. "This is nothing," she smiled. "Thanks for the training. Now another word and you'll experience, how did you put it? The worst five minutes of your life?" She warned him.

"How can-"

(Y/N) pulled the trigger. "I warned you."

"That can't feel good," Thomas voice out.

"It supposedly won't kill him," Brenda said.

"That's a shame," Minho said. "The world would've been better off."

"We're leaving. Now," Thomas then said with an authoritative voice.

"I'll bloody drink to that," Newt said making (Y/N) remember that he's also there. "But who's he?"

Everyone's eyes went to Jack who didn't seem uncomfortable with the curious eyes. "Name's Jack. I work for the Right Arm. Brenda and I have formed a plan to get you and the others out."

Brenda nodded. "Jorge's a pilot. If we can make it to the hangar, to his Berg. We're good."

"If?" Minho asked.

"I'm not saying this is a well thought out plan," Brenda defended herself.

"Well tell the plan," Thomas urged Brenda.

"(Y/N) and Jack will activate the bombs," Brenda started.

"What bombs?" (Y/N) asked. She had no idea what Brenda was saying.

"Jack has been planting a few bombs so that the others can escape. Then people of the Right Arm can take them."

"Why aren't we going with them?" Minho asked.

"We need to get you guys to Denver so that Hans can take out the chip in your head. So that WICKED can't control any of you anymore."

Before any could ask who Hans was, Thomas heard some footsteps and so did the others.

"You need to go," Brenda said to Jack and (Y/N).

"Bloody hell she's not going with him!" Newt exclaimed.

(Y/N) put the Launcher at her back and hugged Newt quickly. "Don't worry. I'll see you later. I promise. Ok?"

Newt stared into (Y/N)'s eyes. He didn't want to let her go, now that he's just had her back. But he knew that he has to. "Fine. I'll see you later. Be safe."

"I will."

With that, both Jack and (Y/N) ran and left the room.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade