June 14 | 18:00

Hearing the soft muffled sounds of careful presses on the notes, Yoongi felt himself smile before entering the room. Jimin was practicing, of course he was.

Holding the few papers from the day before, Yoongi cautiously stepped in and slightly flinched hearing Jimin stop to turn around and look at him.

But, his face immediately formed a smile seeing the blonde boy grinning up in excitement at him.

"Hyung! Hello~!" Jimin said, his eyes disappearing into curves making Yoongi's heart swell.

With a small fond smile, Yoongi sat next to Jimin, setting the papers up for him to see.

"Hello, Jimin. Today, I'll teach you how to read the notes. Take a look at these symbols."

Eyes scanning the papers, slightly leaning forward, Jimin tried to make sense of what they were. There were tons of lines, it looked like there were sets of five lines across the page. And, there was the symbol for a musical note drawn all across, looking like it was climbing up the compact lines on the topmost lines, but then mixed up more as he looked down.

"Okay, let's start with your handshake first," Yoongi said making Jimin nod, an excited glint in his eyes, pressing some notes around the lower end to hear them. Yoongi now referred to his first ten minutes as a 'handshake' with the piano, because it was somewhat like that, getting a little feel of what it sounds like.

Just watching Jimin in a very concentrative state, mesmerized by the piano surged Yoongi's heart with happiness.

After the ten minutes passed, Yoongi cleared his throat to catch Jimin's attention, who eyed him with a surprised expression which soon softened into a smile. "So fast..." he muttered making Yoongi let out a small chuckle.

"To you, I've been doing nothing but watching you, it feels like hours for me," Yoongi joked making Jimin let out his infamous giggle.

Yoongi leaned forwards a bit, to get a paper from the end of the pile. "Let's take a look at this first."

Eyes landing on the paper, Jimin wondered what he'd learn today, heart speeding slightly in excitement. "What are they?"

"Look at this first one," Yoongi pointed at a separate drawing of the five parallel lines with a little shaded in circle on a stick below it, a small line through the circle as well.

"That one is this," he said, fingers landing on the note to the left of the two black keys. Playing it, Yoongi watched Jimin closely, he wondered if Jimin would catch on like this. He'd hoped, his teaching method hadn't worked properly with other students before so they gave up on him, but he'd hoped Jimin could do this.

Jimin took in what Yoongi just showed him and nodded before putting his finger on the key, pressing it down as he tried to connect the certain key with the picture.

"And, the next one is the key to its right," Yoongi said, pointing at the picture next to it with the circle moved up, its upper end touching the last line.

"Oh~" Jimin voiced, understanding that as the circle moves up, so do the keys, but by the white ones.

"And, this is-?" Yoongi pointed to the next one, the circle now on the last line, looking like it was getting cut through.

Jimin pressed the next one, chest bubbling up in a spark of excitement.

And, so, for the rest forty-five minutes of class, Jimin, with Yoongi's minor help, figured out all the notes on the five lines, and pressed them according to Yoongi's orders, the information carving in his mind as they went on.