February 18 | 19:06

"We can't drink, guys, we literally all have class tomorrow morning," Namjoon reasons, voice in a scolding tone.

"But–!" Hoseok protests. "It's my birthday!"

Shaking his head, Namjoon hides the drinks away. "You're not going to your class drunk tomorrow, Hoseok. You'll regret it."

"You didn't say that for Yoongi's birthday last year! He got to have a few drinks!"

Yoongi, hearing this, scoffs. "That's because I can hold my liquor, Hoseok. You get drunk in two sips. And, do idiotic things when you are."

All seven of them were hanging out together for Hoseok's birthday, ordering in and having fun to celebrate.

Whining with a pout, Hoseok replies, "That's not true."

Jimin, remembering the episode where Hoseok had drunk, snorts, an amused smile playing on his lips. "It so is. Remember three years ago? When you brought drinks when Mom wasn't home and–"

Hoseok jumps across to the couch Jimin's seated at and slams his hand over his lips, panicked. "No! Nothing happened. We agreed to never speak of it," he says, still whining.

Chuckling a little, Jimin just nods. "Okay, fine. But, you're not drinking today. That's for all of our best."

Huffing, Hoseok reluctantly agrees. "Then, what're we gonna do?"

"We could watch a movie together," Seokjin offers, raising voices and hums of agreement from the others.

"Alright. We'll watch a movie!" Hoseok says, face brightening up. "I get to pick!" He says before hopping away, to get his computer.

"He's going to pick those romantic comedies, I can feel it," Yoongi predicts, glowering a little.

"There's nothing wrong with those! I love romantic comedies!" Taehyung suddenly says, surprisingly pausing his canoodling with Jungkook.

Yoongi snorts, "The psychological thriller ones are much more interesting," this makes Jungkook nod excitedly.

"Yeah! Those are good!"

Before anyone else can join in with their opinions, Hoseok has already entered the room with his computer, apparently already decided on the movie.

"I know all of us don't have the exact same taste, so I decided on something that could be interesting for everyone! It's a sci-fi and thriller! I'm sure all of us will like it! " He says, excitedly getting it ready for watching.

Jimin leans a little to the side, towards Yoongi, shooting him an amused smile with an eyebrow raised. "You said something about him picking–"

Yoongi scrunches his nose cutely, displeased that he'd spoken too soon about his own roommate at that, and says before Jimin can even finish his sentence. "I said nothing."

Laughing a little, Jimin doesn't shift back to his original position, actually shifting closer to Yoongi.

Just when Yoongi's heart starts pacing and he looks over to see what's happening, he realizes everyone is shifting seats to huddle so they can all watch the movie.

"Hm? Is there anything wrong, hyung?"

He's so close. Breath just tracing over Yoongi's skin and warmth radiating.

Gulping, Yoongi shakes his head, eyes not meeting Jimin's as he stares at the laptop, that was sitting on the coffee table. He tries to calm himself down - they always did this at the piano, what made this any different?

He doesn't know why, but with Jimin, it's either frenzy of overwhelmingly lovely emotions or the most comforting and peaceful moments. And, he finds himself not disliking either, but it's quite ridiculous how his body is going against his own will of reacting like this, right now.

"Hyung?" There it is again.

Eyes slowly landing on Jimin's, Yoongi swallowed the collected spit in his mouth before he gives a low, calculated reply.

"Yeah?"

There's a hint of concern in Jimin's eyes, somehow mixed in with amusment, but Yoongi can't really tell. The glistening orbs were too close, breaths too clearly heard, for him to properly focus on reading Jimin's expression.

"You gotta look at the screen to watch the movie, you know?" Jimin teases in a whisper, tearing their gaze, cheeks tinted pink as he looks back at the screen. "Or you're gonna miss the main story."

Yoongi doesn't avert his eyes, mind messy with everything else but one thought, ringing clearly in his head.

I'm not missing the main beauty, though.

"Guys, I get that you're in the falling in love phase and all, but this movie is actually interesting so would you guys stop your love-whispering shit over there?" Jin snaps, making Yoongi jump before he swings his head forward to watch the movie, clearing his throat as his skin heats up.

"Shh!" Jungkook hushes, glaring at Jin, who looks ready to argue back, but then Namjoon rolls his eyes and just forces Jin's eyes back on the screen.

Yoongi and Jimin don't say anything, too flustered to speak, hearts racing at what just happened.

However, before really going back to paying attention to the movie, Yoongi grabs a small glance at Jimin, surprisingly meeting his eyes briefly. Eyes widening, startled, Yoongi almost looks away, embarrassed, but Jimin smiles brightly, making it impossible for him.

So, he smiles back, cheeks mirroring the shade of Jimin's, bright pink in warmth before they're both shifting attention back to the movie on the screen.

And, it's that moment Yoongi realizes that moments with Jimin are both overwhelming and peaceful – a combination that weaken his heart, but fill them with warmth and affection as well. It's almost like the contradictory existence of life and the universe.

But, in Yoongi's opinion, it's far more beautiful than that.