Ch.1

[ India's POV ] - editing...

Please have mercy on me take it easy on my heart...

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock on my phone singing Shawn Mendes' song Mercy, one of my personal favourites but not at the top of my list I have to say.

If you know me well, you'll know I'm an early bird, most of the time but unfortunately today was not one of those days. So it took me a good ten minutes and some nudging from my cousin to wake me up but I still hadn't gotten out of bed. I grumbled as she tugged the bed sheets off of my body attempting to get me out of bed but I kept telling her to go away. I loved my cousin but right now I swore I was going to push her down the stairs. The thing is we'd stayed up late last night having a Harry Potter marathon, on my request because I was going to be leaving the next day. However, let me tell you, I may or may not regret staying up all night because now I'm feeling so tired but it was Harry Potter so how could I not!

"India! Come on, I let you stay in bed an extra half hour, you have to get up now or you'll miss your flight!" my cousin Bryn yelled.

I shook my head as if to say no, so she tried again.

"India if you don't get up you'll have to get a late flight, which will probably be in the next couple of days. Meaning you'll miss your Shawn Mendes concert. I know you've been waiting for ages to meet him so don't mess up your chance now by being lazy -"

"I'm up, I'm up!" I screamed as I tumbled out of bed crashing to the ground. There was no way I would be missing that concert. It had been planned for a good year. Me and my friends had insisted on going since we went to one of his concerts on the Illuminate World Tour, except that this year we would get meet and greet tickets. We weren't really sure if we would actually get to meet Shawn because when we looked online the tickets were so expensive but thanks to our parents, they surprised us and put some money towards the tickets.

"Okay India, I'll meet you downstairs in 20 okay? You've got your bag packed right, please tell me you have?" Bryn may be two years younger than be but she's much more mature and responsible compared to others her age.

"Don't worry I packed last night and I'll be down soon, I'm just going to take a shower and I'll be down with all my stuff okay?"

"That's fine." she said while nodding with a smile.

"See you in a sec B."

5 minutes later I wrapped myself in a white fluffy towel and stepped out of the shower. I'd washed my brown curly hair with a lavender scented wash, using the same scent for my body. I now felt fresh and ready to start my day, much better than when I had first woken up. I looked into the mirror and smiled. I hated my smile but for some reason I was always complimented on having a lovely smile. Smiling in the mirror was something I had always done. It was a way of understanding how beautiful I was in my own way. So that's why I did it.

Laughing at myself for being so stupidly self conscious, I dried my hair and body, before cleaning my teeth and spraying myself with my favourite cologne that I'd stolen from my dad. Don't judge I prefer men's cologne to women's perfume, just like my mum. Great minds think alike I must say.

I walked out of the bathroom, brushing through my brown tangled hair and towards the clothes I had set out yesterday evening. I then pulled on the outfit that consisted of: a pair of black NIKE running leggings, a simple cropped red hoodie and a pair of white leather converse. Comfy and simple, perfect for a 8hr flight home.