Ch.26

[Shawn's POV ] - not edited

That afternoon, as I come back from the studio, I decide to quickly drop by my parents house before getting back home to India. They don't live to far from where I work or live so visiting them now is a good option. My mom also said that she'd made some spaghetti for India and me, so how could I not. Food or not food. Which option do you think I'd go for?

I hop out of my Jeep and jog up to the doorstep of their house, my old house. That's weird to say but it will always be my true home. Before I can even knock my mom's opened the door and pulling me into a hug.

"It's only been a week Ma, do you really miss me that much?" I say, hugging her back.

"I'll always miss you Shawn." She replies as we both pull away. "Anyway, come on in and tell me what's been going on over these past few days."

We settle down in the living room, my dad and sister being out at a hockey match, making it only the two of us. She pats the seat on the sofa, telling me to sit down beside her and so I do. I survey the walls covered in memories of my younger days. Family photos and achievements displayed everywhere. It's great to have the responsibility of living on your own as an adult but I do miss the times we'd share in this house.

"So how have you been?" My mom asks once again, taking me out of my daze.

At first I don't know what to say but then all my emotions come spilling out, "Things have been really good. I'm extremely happy at the moment. I didn't know I could smile this much but apparently I can. The boys are always teasing me for it but honestly I don't care at all. They keep saying that I have this 'new found glow'" I tell her, making quotation marks with my fingers, "whatever that means."

I look back to my mom, realising that my eyes had drifted to my lap. She's wearing this smirk on her face and I can just tell she's about to tease me for something.

And then she does, "You sound like your in love Shawn."

Then without missing a beat I say, "That's because I am."

My mom's smirk turns into one of the largest smile I've ever seen and it makes me smile too.

"I'm so happy for you."

"So am I."

I get back home not long after the visitation to my parents house. My mom and I spoke for a while longer about, well, India. I basically ranted on about how perfectly imperfect she is. I asked my mum why she wanted to hear all this mushy gushy stuff I had penned up inside me, which I'm sure no one else would have wanted to hear but she's my mom so I guess that changes things. At first I thought it was weird but then it felt great just to get my emotions out there in the open.

With spaghetti in one hand and the other on the handle of our apartment door I carefully pushed it open, making sure not to drop our dinner all over the floor.

After taking my shoes off and popping dinner on the kitchen counter I make my way into the living room to find India on FaceTime to one of her best friends, Rowen I think it was. I decide to spook her, placing a finger on my lips to make sure Rowen doesn't let her know, and then coming up from behind her and placing both of my hands on her curvy waist.

"Ahhh!" She screams and turns before walking me in the chest in annoyance. "What the hell was that for Shawn!?" She continues.

Before I can respond she turns back towards her phone that's resting on the side of the sofa, displaying the laughing mess that is her best friend.

"And what are you laughing at Ro?! You don't even bother to warn me, so called 'best friend'" She groans, crossing her arms for emphasis.

Even when she's angry she's cute.