Ch.32

Authors notes: Just wanted to say thank you to those who are consistently commenting and voting, please keep it up, you guys are amazing :)

Also I am so sorry for not updating sooner, I've been super busy and then for some reason Wattpad wasn't working so yeah...

[Shawn's POV ] - not edited

It's funny that despite my panicked mind that had taken over my body over the past few days, in the space of an car ride a sudden wave of calmness had come over me. I think it was the fact that I knew I was getting closer to India. I was one step closer to seeing her face, to seeing that smile that makes me smile so much.

I'm now standing outside of India's hotel room. Her parents had given me the number of her room and then left me to go to their own room. So I collected my backpack and suitcase from the boot and made myself towards India.

I could hear my heart thumping against my chest, the rhythm got more rapid as I got closer. I was pretty sure that a print of my heart had been tattooed against my chest, no lie.

So here I stand, outside of her door, plucking up the courage to actually knock. It takes a few deep breaths and psyching up but I do it.

Dum, da, dum

I can here India's footsteps as she approaches the wooden door, the suspense building. I then hear her as she unlocks the door, click by click. Then she opens it.

She's dressed in one of my t-shirts which looks like a dress on her, paired with a pair of dark grey NIKE shorts. I love it when she wears my clothes. I think it's some guy thing that we like our girlfriends wearing our clothes, it shows others that this girl is ours. Okay, now I sound like some jealous douche but it's true.

My eyes flutter back up to her eyes to see that she's already watching me, "Hey." Is all I say.

"Hey..." she says shyly, although I'm not sure why.

"May I come in?" I ask politely, not wanting to talk to her out in the corridor of the hotel.

"Of course, sorry about that." She says, opening the door to her room, slightly flustered. I have a feeling that there's a double meaning behind her words but I can't be sure.

The room is simple but nice. It's walls are a cream colour, holding a flatscreen TV on one of them. It contains a double bed which is covered in purple bed sheets, a closet in the corner to the left of the bed and also a bathroom.

I take a seat on the bed, placing my bags to the side of me on the floor. I notice India still standing against the door, her back still pressed firmly against it. Her eyes are tracing my every move, as if waiting for me to do something.

"Why are you not mad at me?" She finally blurts out, I knew she was holding something in.

I don't say anything at first, I just pick myself up from my previous position and make my way towards her. She's got this look in her eyes that I can't read and I don't like it.

I move so that I'm now standing right in front of her, towering over her 5'7 height. I try looking down into her eyes but she's avoiding eye contact. So I place my hand under her chin, pulling it upwards so that I can look into her chocolatey brown eyes.

"How could I ever be mad at you buddie?" I say softly, pushing a stray curl off of her face that had fallen out of her messy bun. The look in her eyes changing slightly as I tell her this, smiling as I do so.

"I left you..." And she's back to not looking at me, I want to see her eyes.

"Hey," I say, pulling her face towards mine once again, "Bud. Please look at me, I can't stand it when you don't but if you don't want to please just listen to me. India, I was never mad at you, just worried sick and out of my mind. I didn't understand why you just left me, left us. You and me are a team now, we go through everything together. You can call on me in whatever situation, it doesn't matter if I'm doing something or not. You are my first priority above everything else. You're my first and last thought of everyday. I love you India."