Ch.20

[India's POV ] - not edited

Today is the day before the Amsterdam concert and I'm so excited. I've been wanting to go to Amsterdam for at least four years but have never had the chance to go.

You may be wondering why I've been wanting to visit there so badly, or your not but I'm going to tell you anyway. Ever since I read 'The Fault in our Stars' I've been obsessed with the place, I researched the country and made a whole plan on what I would do when I go, yes I'm that girl but I don't care a single bit.

Somehow Shawn found out how much I love the place and promised we'd go site seeing today, probably from my parents, I think he talks to them more than he has to me in the past few days.

We've been to Paris, Zurich and Belgium so far and the concerts have been great so far, not that I'd expect anything less, so I just know that the concert tomorrow is going to be even better.

Oh, another update, his whole crew and family now know we're dating, which is great because for some reason they love me but it just gives Liyah and Geoff even more reasons to tease and embarrass me. On the upside Shawn and I are doing great, yes it may have only been a week since he asked me out but still everything is good.

It's about 9am and I just finished getting ready for our day out. It's not hot or cold in Amsterdam so I decided on a pair of black mom jeans, a white crop top, my all white converse and to finish it off one of Shawn's many denim jackets.

As I'm sorting my hair out into a high pony to keep it out of the way Shawn knocks on the side of the bathroom door. I can see him staring at me through the reflection of the bathroom mirror, a permanent smile etched onto his face carved by gods.

"Hey." I whisper unintentionally quietly, Shawn still manages to make me nervous even though we're dating now but I guess that's a good thing. I think it's still good to feel nervous around each other, it shows you like, maybe even love them. If you believe this then you'd be able to tell I love him, my heart rate kicks up so much that you can probably here it when I'm around him. I love him.

Now enough of this mushy gushy romance stuff, although you'll probably get a load more of it later and onto today.

"Hey beautiful." Shawn replies smoothly, with his raspy morning voice that I love so much, I could get used to hearing that everyday. "Will you be ready soon? I have a full day planned out to the minute." He finishes, a giddy smile on his face.

"Not to the second, Mendes?" I smirk at him through the mirror teasingly, "Honestly I'm disappointed in you."

He raises an eyebrow at my childish behaviour and steps closer to me, before placing his arms around my waist. He then plants a soft kiss on my cheek,"Sorry I couldn't get it down to the second babe but I promise next time." He grins as he pulls away, I am so lucky.

We both laugh as I shoo him out of the bathroom so I can finish getting ready and before long we're taking our first steps onto the streets of Amsterdam.

"First we're going to take a bike ride through the streets of Amsterdam. Yes, I know it's what everyone does when they come here but I know for a fact that you want to do it to. We can be cheesy tourists together!" Shawn tells me as he pulls me along to one of the many bike holding stations in Amsterdam.

Shawn lets go of my hand for a second so he can fish his wallet out of his back pocket to pay. He takes out a couple of coins and slides them into the slots before handing me my bike. He then pays for his and off we go.

Let me just tell you that I'm glad I opted for trousers today because riding a bike in a dress would have been totally awkward. Alike me, Shawn had decided to go for the black jeans but instead wore a matching black shirt with his black boots. I kept wondering whether he was cold in his short sleeve shirt because the weather wasn't that great but rays were shining through luckily.