Ch.39

Authors notes: make sure to vote, comment and follow! Thank you, can we try and get 20+ comments :)

[Shawn's POV ] - not edited

"So..." Aaliyah says, "when are we seeing India again? It feels like forever since she's been over and I miss her." She finishes, talking to me from across the kitchen counter where I'm making myself a BLT, without the tomato obviously, sandwich.

"Well, I was talking to her yesterday and I was thinking that maybe we could visit her during the Christmas holidays. I know that she's got some time off, maybe we could surprise her." I say as I finished cutting the sandwich into two halves, one for me and one for Aaliyah.

Aaliyah squeals in delight at my idea and I can't help but smile at her reaction. I know she's been wanting to see India nearly just as much as I have, she's going to be ecstatic for the next few weeks as we wait to see her. Just not quite as ecstatic as me.

Moving from my spot leaning against the marble kitchen surface opposing Liyah and next to her I ask, "So I'm guessing your excited about that?" A smile on my face.

"Most definitely!" She responds, now facing towards me, a mirror image of my own smile graced on her face.

"Do you think Mum and Dad will mind us spending Christmas away from home? Or maybe we could make it a family vacation?" I ponder, fingers crossed because I really need to see my girl.

"I'm sure they'll agree, plus they love India, so I don't see why not." Aaliyah shrugs.

"Then its a plan. You, me, mum and dad are going to England for Christmas and I'm seeing my girlfriend."

"And I'm seeing my bestfriend."

And in that moment there were smiles all around.

"I think it's a great idea Shawn! Plus it gives us a chance to see our future daughter in-law and her parents." My mum responds after I told her about the plan to visit India this Christmas.

I came over to my parents not long after my conversation with Liyah and as you can tell, they're just as excited as her.

"Slow down there mum, we've only been dating for about five months and she's still young, I don't think she'll be wanting to get married anytime soon." I chuckle at her eagerness but her words do leave me with lasting thoughts.

"He's right Karen but Shawn, your mum's right too." My dad begins, "she's going to be our daughter in-law at some stage and we can't wait to see her." I love his faith in our relationship, it makes me believe that whatever comes our way we'll push through.

"Sometimes I think you love my girlfriend more then Me." I say, letting out a laugh at my parents antics.

From across the sofa my parents chuckle in response, my mum encircled in my dad's arms, it makes me smile. This is how India and I will be one day. Sitting down and laughing with our own children as they tell us stories and the tales of their own lives. I can't wait.

"Now I can't lie Shawn," my mum says, patting my dad's jean clad knee, "but it's true, we love her more. Don't hate us, we love you to, just not as much." She says dramatically.

I give her a shocked look in return, falling back into the familiar sofa I've grown up with, and clutching my chest in offence as if I've been hit by an arrow in the heart.

"I can't believe you said that mum!"

"Really Shawn, you can't believe that?" My dad chuckles in response to my accusing statement but he's right, I can believe that and so I stay silent and my parents laugh.