Ch.19

[India's POV ] - not edited

We've been walking around the stunning Paris streets laughing and talking about whatever comes to our minds. Our laughter hasn't died down since we began talking. It may be late at night but I'm more awake than ever.

We end up wandering around one of the parks just to the side of the Eiffel Tower. It's lit up in all its glory, shining down on everyone, a single light in the dark. I've been here once before but I can't really remember it. The plan is to make new memories right here, right now, with Shawn. Memories that I hope I'll remember.

As we reach the end of the street lit park and enter the area surrounding the Eiffel Tower I notice the tune of my favourite song playing. I follow the sound, pulling Shawn my the hand. I finally come to a stop at a boy and girl duo playing 'Can't help falling in love'. The tine gives me all the feels at once, damn o love this song to much.

"Your favourite song." Shawn says, pulling me out of my thoughts, he remembered.

"You remember?" I ask, even though he obviously does, I meant he just said that but I had to reassure myself.

He laughs at this, "Of course I do. I remember everything you tell me." Even though it's dark I'm pretty sure Shawn was still able to see the blush that decorates my face way to often when I'm around him.

"Then lets dance." I suggest, already pulling him in front of the duo in preparation, not waiting for a response.

"India you know I can't dance." He moans but I ignore him, remembering the 'Something Big' music video what a throwback.

I wrap my arms around his neck before he has a chance to resist, "You really think I care Mendes?" Once again he laughs at me but not in a mean way, in a oh I know way.

"I don't even know why I try." He whispers into my ear, his head now in the crook of my neck, his warm breath making my heart palpitate more then needed.

"Neither do I." I giggle. What is it with me and giggling all the time, I don't get it. "Now shut up and dance with me."

"Fine fine." He says, shaking his head.

We sway slowly to the sound of the music, humming the tune lightly. As we're dancing Shawn stumbles a couple of times so I decide that the best solution is to let him do all the dancing, this way he has no chance of stepping on my toes. By this I mean I step onto his toes and let him move us about.

As we, well Shawn, continues to dance I begin to sing the words of the song quietly. Then I hear another voice apart from mine, singing along with me, Shawn. I stop singing for a moment and just listen to his vocals, they never cease to amaze me. Then Shawn stops, "Why'd you stop singing?"

Smiling up at him I tell him why in seven simple words, "I just wanted to appreciate your vocals."

"Well I was trying to appreciate yours until you stopped." He says, replying with a smile, "Now come on and sing with me again."

I don't reply, I just begin singing along, trying to harmonise with the musicians and Shawn. Surprising I'm able to do so without making a fool of myself.

I stay looking into Shawn's stunning brown but sometimes green eyes. I like the way they change colour, they're much more interesting then my boring brown ones but oh well. I take in all of his features, admiring them for more than the first time. His scar, his lazy eye, his smile. His smile, his lips. Damn his lips, I can't look away but eventually I do.

I notice Shawn looking at the exact same part of my face that I'd just taken my eyes of on him, my lips. It's then that I'm finally assured he feels the same way. I mean yes, I noticed before but I wanted to be sure before I did something and ruined our relationship.