Ch.38

Authors notes: make sure to vote, comment and follow! Thank you :)

[India's POV ] - not edited

"Hey, India? Could you please pass me my camera, it's next to my bag." My friend Jonah asks from across the other side of the room.

Right now, if you haven't guessed already, I'm at college right now working on a project. This project has to be the one I've been the most excited for all year: music videos. At the moment the class is researching different types of music videos and styles in preparation to create our own and Jonah is uploading some of his photos on to his computer.

I've always wanted to shoot a music video, every time I listen to a song I come up with ideas that I would do if I was to direct it but I've never had the opportunity before. The lists of scenarios I've made up in my head go on and on, the list is never ending.

"Here you go Jonah." I say, standing up and passing him his camera to him.

Placing my hands on the back of his chair I look over his shoulder and see what he's working on.

"It's some photos I took of my sister and her boyfriend at the weekend. She wanted some shots taken that she could print for his birthday." Jonah speaks up as of reading my thoughts.

"They're really good J... but you'll never be as good as me." I taunt and ruffle his hair, Jonah's one of my good friends, to be truthful he's more like a brother.

"India, stop lying to yourself. We all know who the real pro is here." Jonah retorts, he knows I'm right.

"You know she's right?" Our teacher, Mr Brown, pipes up. What a legend.

"Told you so!" I point at Jonah, and roles his eyes in response, he loves me really.

"Anyway, let's move away from that topic," Jonah says making me laugh, "and on to the topic of you and your boyfriend, I want all the details." Sometimes I think he's a girl, he loves gossip more than any girl I know.

Bring, bring, bring

Jonah takes my phone from my hands before I can even respond, "Speaking of the devil." He says, winking at me, sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with this idiot.

Grabbing my phone out of his hands I pick it up, sliding the answer button across the screen of my phone, and respond to Shawn's call as Jonah makes kissing faces at me.

"Hey Shawn..."

"Hey Hun, are you good, is this a bad time?" Shawn replies and it makes me realise how much I've missed his voice, oh god, now I seem clingy.

"I'm sorry Shawn, I'm at college right now but I can talk for a few minutes if that works or you can call me back in an hour when I'm on my lunch break?" I reason.

"No, don't worry about it. I have a meeting later so I'll just call you when I'm free. Have a good day at college India, I love you."

"I love you too bud." And the call ends.

I sigh as I slide my phone back into my jean pocket, turning back to my laptop where I was busy completing the research Mr Brown had set us.

"You okay India?"Jonah asks, a concerned look displayed across his face, an air of worry in his voice.

"Yeah." Is my one word response, the response I say as I swipe some of the stray curls off of my face.

"India, I know you're not." He says nonchalantly, now sitting in front of me.

"I hate time zones. Shawn and I barely get to call each other and have a proper conversation. I felt like he was annoyed with me or maybe it was stress and he just acted out on me by accident, but he barely said anything. I know he didn't mean to sound that way but it kind of hurt. I'm just over thinking things as usual."