Ch.15

[India's POV ] - not edited

"So where are we meant to be meeting everyone for lunch?" I ask Shawn as we walk down one of the pretty, yet as I've said before, busy London streets. He's holding onto my hand so, as he put it 'we don't get separated' but my brother just tells me it's an excuse to hold my hand.

"This little pub that the crew and I visited the last time we came to the UK."

"Nice, I can't wait. They better have good fish and chips, no pub is a true pub without fish and chips." I inform Shawn in all seriousness.

He lets out, what I think, an insanely cute giggle at my statement. He probably thinks I'm joking about the fish and chips but I am completely serious. I may joke about at times but this is not one of them.

I stop dead in the middle of the street/pathway just to notify Shawn that, "This is not a laughing matter Mendes!" And that's when his laughter dies down and I drop his hand so I can cross my arms.

"So you weren't kidding?"

"Does it look like I'm kidding Shawn?"

"No?"

"Good." I finish and turn to see Noah just shaking his head at me so I give him a what are you looking at look. Geoff just stands next to him enjoying the entertainment I'm providing.

I then start walking off in the direction we were originally heading, not waiting for the guys to catch up. Not much later a hand captures mine and I already know it's Shawn's. Him grabbing my hand out of the middle of nowhere is now such a frequent occurrence that I don't need to look up and see who it is because I already know who.

Shawn doesn't say anything as we walk hand in hand down the street, we just walk in a comfortable silence. I can hear Geoff and Noah conversing suspiciously quietly behind us as we continue onto the pub, though I don't know what about. The fact that Noah wasn't speaking as loud as he usually does has my senses heightened. Something's going on but I can't quite put my finger on it and it's annoying the hell out of me, I don't like being left in the dark.

It's nearly two in the afternoon, which is when we're scheduled for lunch so I'm guessing we're nearly at the pub. As we walk I ponder what the guys were saying but I have no idea what they could have been saying.

Shawn pulls me out of my thoughts when he asks, "What's up Hun?"

"What do you mean?" I reply.

"You scrunch you face up when you're thinking darling but don't worry it's a cute scrunched up face."

"Oh I'm sure it is Shawn." I say sarcastically, to which he laughs, "How do you even notice these things about me? I mean I don't even notice them myself and I've known myself for 16yrs. You on the other hand have known me for just under a week."

"I tend to pay attention to things I like, like you." He tells me, playfully nudging my shoulder.

"Oh really?" I say, once again a new found confidence coming through. This tends to happen when I notice what I think are Shawn's subtle flirts because I know he feels somewhat the same as me.

"Yes really." He replies, not missing a beat.

Before I can say anything else a new but recognisable voice appears, "lOkay, lovebirds, I'm glad to se you guys are getting along but it's time to go join everyone else. So if you could just move it along that would be great!"

Guess who that annoyingly sarcastic comment came from. I'll give you three guesses. If you guessed Noah then you were absolutely correct, a gold star for you. To be honest that shouldn't of been a hard question, you must have known by now where my sarcastic remarks come from.