Ch.3

[ India's POV ] - not edited

"You may now exit the plane. Please leave in an orderly fashion . Thank you for flying with us we hope to see you again soon."

I stand up, picking my bag up off the floor, getting ready to leave. Shawn and Karen copied my actions in preparation for exiting the plane. I turned around, my back to Shawn, as I double checked I'd not left anything. I'd only taken my phone and headphones out of my bag so I knew I was fine because I had my phone in my hand and I my beats around my neck. Perfect, no reason to get yelled at when I get home for forgetting something. I'm joking, my parents would just tell me that I should've been more responsible and if I wanted a new pair I would need to pair for them myself.

"You ready India?" Karen spoke sweetly.

"Yep. Just checking I've not left anything but I'm good now!"

"Have you got your passport?" She said raising her eyebrows.

"Don't worry, its right here." I said, waving my passport and boarding pass about before popping it in my bag for safekeeping. Shawn laughed at my antics and I just smiled in response.

Karen had said that she wanted to make sure that I got to my family safely since I was alone. I told her that I didn't want to be s nuisance but she insisted and to be honest I'm very glad about it.

As we walked off of the plane, I was surprised to find that the sun was still out despite it being late in the evening. However that was probably because it was the start of summer. I felt the cool wind as it hit my bare stomach and ankles due to my cropped jumper and running leggings.

I followed Shawn and his mum to one of the shuttle-buses that would take us to the airport. Everyone was in a rush to get on quickly so I made sure to stay close to them at all times. Shawn was constantly looking behind him to check I was still following them.

I was standing to the side of Shawn when the next bus came. He took my hand in his, which surprised me a lot, and pulled me along with him and his mum onto the bus. It was a tight fit, so Karen stood in front of me, while Shawn stood directly behind me. He was still holding my hand. His other was on the railing above us, as so not to fall when the vehicle started. I could feel his cool breath on my neck, making me nervous. My breath tightened as I realised just how close I was to my idol. It's been over 8hrs and it still hasn't got to me that this is really happening.

Not much later, the shuttle-bus had stopped and we began to exit. Thank goodness, I needed to breath. The closeness of all the people was really getting to me. I'm not claustrophobic but I don't like strangers bursting my personal bubble.

I felt a tug on my hand as I was daydreaming. I looked up to find Shawn smiling down at me because of the height difference. "Come on love, let's get you to your parents." I nodded in agreement and followed him and his mum.

The queue to check out was horrendously long but I didn't care because me and Shawn got even more time to bond. His mum just smiling at us while we conversed, talking like old friends. I made sure to make the most of my time with him because I knew after this I would probably never get to see him again. It honestly made my mood drop but I hid my disappointment with a smile. Luckily neither of them noticed.

Karen waited on the other side of the checkout station as I got my passport checked, Shawn was behind me waiting to go next. After that was done I went and stood next to her as we waited patiently for her son. I turned to her and said, "Thank you again. For looking out for me today. I was so nervous about flying alone with strangers but you guys made it such a comfortable experience for me. So thank you."