Ch.31

Authors notes: Here's Shawn's POV like requested, I really hope you like how this chapter turned out so be sure to let me know in the comments :)

[Shawn's POV ] - not edited

"Shawn, Shawn, Shawn!" I hear Aaliyah shouting as she runs up to me, almost as if she's out of breath. I was just talking with my friends about India, okay that's a lie, they were teasing me about how in deep I am with her. It may have been annoying but they're not wrong.

"What's the matter? Why are you shouting? And where'd India go? I swear she was with you a minute ago." I ask her, I don't understand why she's so worked up.

"That's the problem..." Aaliyah tells me sighing but o still don't understand.

She slaps a hand to her head and explains it to me slowly as if I'm a baby, "Uno problemo, India's gone and I can't find her anyway. She left me to take a call and she never returned. That was half an hour ago!"

She can't be right, can she? India's probably just somewhere that she hasn't looked, right? I am really not reassuring myself right now.

"Have you tried calling her Li?" I ask her and I know it's a stupid question but I still have to ask.

"Of course I did, I'm not as stupid as you take me for!"

Okay Shawn, think, just think. Breathe, just breathe. So I breathe and I think, calmly. Well at least I try too but it's hard.

I smoothly slide my phone out of my jean pocket and call my last resort but also the only one I can think of, Noah. Now you may be wondering why I have her brothers number, well that's because he said that I needed it if ever he needed to go all protective brother on me over India.

As the phone rings the tension builds and you have no idea how relieved I am when he picks up after the next couple of rings.

"Shawn, are you with my India? Tell her to stay with you in Toronto and her brother is going to be okay, she should enjoy her summer." It's not Noah, it's her mum, that's the first thing I establish. The next is that something is wrong and I don't know what.

"What do you mean Helen? I don't mean to sound rude but I have no clue where India is. She's not here, I can't find her and I'm scared to death. She left with out warning-" I try to get out but I'm cut short.

"Hey Shawn, calm down. We're not gonna be able to sort this out if your panicking." And I know Helen is right, I have to be able to think straight if I'm actually going to have any hope of finding India.

Helen doesn't speak for a few seconds, allowing me to collect my thoughts and then begins again, "Listen Shawn, son, I called India nearly an hour ago and all she said was that she'd be back in England as soon as possible but I assumed she was with you. I would of called before but I didn't realise that Noah had your number and he's been out since the accident." She chuckles lightly but I can still spot the worry within her voice for her son.

"I'm assuming she's probably already through customs and ready to get on a plane-" Helen starts again but I interrupt him.

She's already gone, there's no way that I can reach her in time but I can be there for her, "I'll see you in London." Is all I say.

Right now I'm the back of my Jeep. Aaliyah is by my side and my parents are up in the front. I had decided while talking to India's mum that as soon as our call was over I was packing my bag and getting my ass over to England. So here I am, on my way to Toronto airport with my family.

As I'm thinking about my girl, Aaliyah's hand makes its way to my knee. I hadn't noticed that my knee was jutting up and down in nervousness. Turning to a Liyah, I give her a sympathetic smile, one that she returns.