CHAPTER 5

After returning from Olympus, I had got a beautiful ring for my wise girl . It said seaweed brain and wise girl forever. I landed and went to see my friends. I asked them where Annabeth was. The Stolls replied that she was at Olympus. I thought Why had I not seen her and went to sleep .Next morning I was broken from my sleep my sounds of someone banging the door .i opened it to see some campers and greeted them in. They threw me aside and started searching my room.Then in a second they found all their missing stuff from under one of the beds and blamed me for stealing them. Later that day someone messed up Katie's garden and I got blamed for it . When I refused it she said "I myself saw you doing" and a few campers also repeated the same. I was in similar troubles all day and saw who was the culprit .RAY CASTELLAN. He somehow was able shift his human form into another person and now was burning Jupiter's tree .I was angry ,but soon he fled, and left me in trouble ,the wood nymphs and the satyrs cursed me and slapped and whipped my back . I was on the point of crying, I had lost everyone except for Leo who was finding calypso and Thalia was at hunt while Nico in underworld .I had heard Annabeth had returned and I thought she would be at the beach .

I walked up on the seabed towards camp, and , I noticed a blonde haired girl lying on the beach kissing Ray. I didn't think that was Annabeth, but my senses were saying otherwise. Then I heard words that broke my heart.1

'When are you going to break up with that Percy, Annabeth?'

'I will do it tonight when he comes to the cabin ,by the way you are far more romantic and handsome .you are quite intelligent and I love you. I never thought Percy will do these things in camp with Chiron gone.' Annabeth sighed.

'yeah you are right ,I think he must have cheated on you that's why he was not around for 3 months'

Annabeth said " yeah I only wanted fame and architecture from him"

I put all the malice, hurt and betrayal I felt into my voice as I spoke. 'So Annabeth, I wasn't good enough for you.'

'Don't worry about waiting until tomorrow to break up with me Annabeth. I've seen enough to know you don't love me anymore. Why did you cheat on me? I fell into freaking Tartarus with you. You were my mortal point when I went in the Styx. I guess your mother was right. Children of Poseidon and Athena do not mix. Not the child of Poseidon's fault, we are too loyal, it's our fatal flaw after all. No, it's because you spawn of Athena are too damn proud. All you want is to be on the top. I guess this is goodbye Annabeth. Do not come looking for me if you need help. I will not come.'

Annabeth was looking at me, tears falling down her cheeks. 'It's not what it looks like Percy!' she cried.

'Sure it's not Annabeth, you're just sitting on the beach making out with this guy here '. Do you know what I was going to do?' I pulled out the box that held the ring and threw it at her. 'I was going to propose to you. 'Goodbye Annabeth. Go back to kissing your boyfriend here. Don't expect me to come back here.' I summoned a huge wave to cover the two of them, and ran into the woods, needing to vent my anger and grief.

I felt a tug in my gut, and saw a huge storm spreading around me. Wind and rain were lashing my face, but I didn't care. All I felt was the pain of this betrayal. I heard shouting voices, and realized that the campers were looking for the cause of the hurricane around me. A huge earthquake ripped through the camp, and the seas started to thrash violently. I quickly headed towards my cabin. I quickly grabbed up all my important belongings and stuffed them in a bag. I snuck out of the cabin, and looked around to see if any campers were there, and of course there were none. I got some nectar ,mortal money and ambrosia . I teleported to Medea's shop to remove the demigod scent.

Line Break

Thalia's POV

The Hunters had finally arrived at camp, and I couldn't wait to see Percy again after almost a year. As soon as we crossed the boundaries, I realised something was wrong. A huge storm was covering the forest, when there should be no strange weather activities inside the camp. There was only one person apart from the gods that I knew could do that, and that was Percy. I ran towards the beach, and what I saw shocked me. A huge crack was running along the beach, and the water was crashing violently. But what shocked me most was seeing Annabeth weeping, holding the remains of a small box in her hands. A boy was holding her, his hands wrapped around her waist, and she was leaning into him. I ran over to Annabeth to comfort her, and saw the inscription in the ring. Seaweed Brain and Wise Girl forever. I realised. He had come found Annabeth cheating on him. No wonder there was such a mess. I went to his cabins to find a paper on which it was written all about betrayal for Chiron.