CHAPTER 19

Percy pov

The days went by after that incident and we moved from our last camp to the forests of Washington. The hunters became crueler and crueler and their pranks became more and more dangerous .They did not invited Katy and Thalia as they would tell Artemis. I bore down their pranks quietly ,but that doesn't mean they did not make me angry.i just meditated in time I got or play with Katy .i sometime used to give her the flying wolf piggyback rides and spoil her a lot by giving sweets and cookies all time that would make Hunters angry because she was more attached to me than them. But there comes a time where every person has a limit and while I have a very high tolerance, there will come a day with that patience will snap and his fury will reach its boiling point. A single act will unleash his fury and when it comes, pray to all the gods if he comes for you.

I woke up this morning to find myself adrift in the river, miles from camp. The forest they were in was very dense so I was forced to walk miles back to the campsite, carrying my mattress on my back. As soon as I got back, I am surrounded by the laughter of the hunters. I grit my teeth and walks to my tent where prank number two awaits me.

Before I reach my tent, I step onto some leaves where I fall in a deep pit filled with all kinds of manure that stank to high heaven. As soon as I get out, the hunters were howling in laughter, seeing my covered in feces. I clenched my fists and walked to the river, washing myself as much as I could.

"Stupid hunters and their pranks. What have I ever done to them to make them hate me this much? Oh yeah, I'm a male."

Right now though I'm wondering through the forest where were camped waiting for the next prank to happen. As if sensing my thoughts a dozen arrows are shot out of a nearby bush heading straight toward me, I quickly leap out only to have one to catch my thigh and I let out a grunt of pain.

However as I'm dodging arrows I don't realize the trap the girls have made .When I move away from 1 arrow only form my foot to catch on a snare, causing spikes to be released right into my shin and side.

Know limping I try to escape only to run into a ignoramus hellhound. I quickly run in the direction of camp with the hellhound at my heals its rotten breath on the back of my neck. My heart pumping the adrenalin slowly wearing of, the pain increasing. The branches seemingly reaching out and trying to snare me in there wooden embrace, as I charge through the forest.

I finally reach the hunters camp my breathing irregular, heart pounding only to be tackled by the hellhound. On instinct I reach for my knife and stab it through the heart as it disintegrates into flecks of golden dust to be scattered into the air.

I felt a sensation on the back of my neck that signaled trouble. I turned around to see Phoebe and lily grinning evilly at me. They suddenly made a bunch of animal sounds. The ground began to pound and shake. Through the underbrush, a herd of stags burst from the bushes. But these stags were no ordinary stags; these stags were Artemis's sacred stags. Meaning that if he injured or killed them, i would bring down the wrath of the goddess I was in love with. This time they were under hunters' orders so they will not listen to me.

Eyes widening, I turned and sprinted as fast as I could, the hunters howling with laughter as the stags raced after me. I ran for as long as I could, but the stags caught up to me and plowed into me, their hooves pounding on my body as they stampeded over me. I felt some of my bones break and my skin tear open at the unforgiving assault on him. I felt his rage and anger for the hunters grow. Why would they do this? What was the point?

Getting up, I summoned some water to heal some of my wounds, I began to move back to camp, when suddenly a bunch of wolves jumped in front of me.

"Oh COME ON! You have got to be KIDDING ME!" I yelled in exasperation. The wolves advanced on me aggressively. I turned and ran as fast as i could to the camp,