CHAPTER 18

Percy's P.O.V.

I feel numb on the inside, and I can't forget what Thalia had said: "I hate you! I f*cking hate you! I understand why Annabeth dumped you! Get out of here! I never want to see your face again!"

So Thalia understood why Annabeth had dumped him? Well, I didn't, and just thinking about it hurt.

She had cheated on me after confessing her love to him... I was confused. What had I done wrong??? What had I done to deserve this kind of treatment?

Surely Artemis believed me. Right? I had made the oath... yet a small part of me thought, Haha! You think she would believe you??? And why would she believe you over her precious Hunters? They are clearly more trustworthy, right? Ha!

I put my head into my hands and tried not to think about anything.

 ARTEMIS POV

I was feeling so bad inside that Perseus was blamed by the hunters doing such a thing which he had not. What must he be feeling that his cousin believed anyone and distrusted him? Katy has been continuously scine he left ,that girl is real attached to him,I don't where he got power of bring people closer to him .He brought me in to loving him.I hope he comes back

I got out to see Thalia crying in her bed when I snap my eyes open and stare at the edge of the clearing, where tree's stand strong and steady an yet silent. No birds and singing, no rustle of the leaves, or animals hunting of foraging. Just silence.

Coming out of the shadows is an army of monsters, there monstrous form twitching in excitement for what is about to happen. Massacre. I know that not all the hunters will survive this, and it kills me to know this.

My hunters draw there bows and form a defensive potion. Standing strong till the end. Before we fire a thud echo's through the clearing the we are camped in, that shall soon be covered in blood.

The source of the noise comes from a single arrow, black in color protruding form the ground just in front of the horde of monsters. However before the monsters can question what just happen a scream form one of the monsters resonates around the clearing, and we all turn to see it being dragged into the forest by a metal chain .

Another ear splitting scream sounds before it is cut short and the head rolls back into the clearing and a face of pure terror etched into it. Another scream sounds and anther head rolls into the clearing, by now all the monsters are fidgeting with fear.

The shadows thicken and the temperature drops until you can see are breath in front of us, and out of the darkness clad in black with monster dust littering the fabric come a person, an aurora of death and pain.

Then in a second he launches himself at the army a whirl wind of pain and death, killing monsters with a feral viciousness, a sword in each hand. The hunters and I take this as an opportunity and start firing at the army as the person slaughters monsters left and right.

Before long the grass holds a layer of monster dust, and trophies form the slayed monsters, and yet I am more focused of what the person in the centre of the killing field is doing. The person has cornered the remaining monster, a group of 10 and seems to be thinking, but before I can voice my thought of who this person is he starts talking, his voice deep and dark sending shivers down my spine.

" Tell everyone of your kind that the person you call Perseus Jackson defends the hunters, and if any monsters who target them are signing there death warrant, do you understand." However before they can answer the ground opens up and swallows them ending them to the pit.