CHAPTER 23

Once I caught up with her after we flashed out leaving Annie, Zoe and Bianca with their fathers, I could see the camp was coming into view. I could see the many silver tents staked in the ground, the dining area, the wolf pen, and archery range. But what shocked me most was how silent the camp was and that there wasn't a Hunter in sight. By now, we should have passed at least one or two hunters doing their chores, guard duty, whatever. But there was not a single hunter in sight; it almost looked like the place was deserted. Not only that, the silence of the usually active camp was quite disturbing. The usual sounds of chatter among the girls, the laughter from the girls, and even the sounds of arrows hitting the wooden targets and the sound of training has all seemed to vanish.

Just as the little claws of worry start to grip me, my instincts as Guardian of the Hunt starting to flair up slightly, we came to the middle of the camp and right at the center, surrounding the firepit was the entirety of the Hunt. The girls were all arrayed in a circle around the firepit, crowded in close to each other for warmth by the fire. As I got closer, I began to survey the Hunters and I felt my anger begin to buzz in my ears, memories of their so-called pranks being brought towards the forefront of my mind. I quickly got a hold of my anger and beat it back down, telling myself to go in there with a clear head. I focused on my calming meditation techniques that I use in training to clear my head and focus my thoughts and after a few moments of focused breathing, I continued to walk forward and resumed looking over the huddled girls.

My eyes traveled over each and every single Hunter, my Athenian-blessed brain taking in and analyzing every detail. They all were sitting slumped over in their seats, their backs seemed to be bended by an unseen weight pressing down on them. Their shoulders were drooped and were shaking slightly with what I could only guess was tightly packed sobs and their heads were down, staring at the floor. The air actually felt tinged with sadness and the filled with regret and shame. I was shocked at this, my mind was racing as I took in this information. I couldn't see their face as the flickering, dying fire casted dark shadows over their faces, obscuring their features, so I could only guess what was going on there. What could have brought the mighty, strong, and stubborn Hunters of Artemis to such a state? Did this mean they were truly regretful and that they have changed?

Finally not being able to take it anymore, Artemis stepped forward and clapped her hands twice together and instantly, in perfect synchronization, the Hunter's whipped their heads around to our location. If I was shocked before by just seeing their downtrodden and dreary body position, then I was outright stunned by the looks on their faces. I was met with over two-dozen sets of puffy red, bloodshot eyes, guilt shining deep within them.

"Brother, You are back, I knew it you will not leave us " came a voice among them and then a small girl came and hugged me and then I felt my shirt becoming wet, looking down and saw my sweet hunter was crying .

"Hey, I am back and I Promise I won't leave you again"

"Shut up, you said that last time. You could have taken me with you"

"Well I am back now and I have a sweet cat and new sisters that will play with you". She smiled. Then a voice came "Perseus Achilles Jackson ready to get electro conducted" and Thalia came into view m,what a chance to reveal my new power.

"With Pleasure ".She looked at me as if I was mad and then sent a lightening from sky which I resend back from where it came from and said to her "Sorry sis ,I am blessed by Zeus and Now the 16TH Olympian"

"WHAT, did that fell off his throne and broke something in his head "

"Believe me, I asked the same".

I Turned to the torturers who had their heads bowed in shame .Then Phoebe looked at me and said so sorry, boy - I mean Percy..."

"Me too. I'm sorry. I didn't realize how... how..." Atlanta adds quietly