review of Weird England (Book review)

Before I start this review, don't bother looking for this book on Wattpad. Its a published book.

Okay, starting. First off, the dust cover (as in the actual cover. Its a hardback book. Or at least the copy i own is.) is really cool. It has a shiny print of loads of roads on it. The subtext says 'Your Travel Guide to England's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets' which I know is already interesting you. Its written by Mark Sceurman and Mark Moran, who are the authors of Weird U.S. which I assume is a similar book, but about the U.S.

I've read the book a few times (I actually just had to repair a bit because I accidentally tore something) and I do have a personal favourite thing from the book.

Obviously I can't post a direct part of the book as an example of the writing, but its written newspaper-article-style. The chapters are separated into little segments for each legend, myth, rumor, and oddity.

The book is well written. The authors obviously spent a long time researching for this. My personal favourite part is about 'The Forbidden Corner'. The use of photos, paintings, and the mix of professional writing and opinions makes this a book well worth reading, especially if you want to know a bit more about English lore :)

I rate this book 4.5 out of 5. A great read, and a definite must if you're a fan of things like creepypasta.