Chapter Five

"Okay, I'm listening..." Betty said inventively looking deep into his eyes almost reaching his soul.

"I was wondering about you Dad and his tie in to the whole Jason Blossom death and cover up. "Betty felt her heart deflate a little. She dropped her gaze back to the chocolate beverage on the freshly wiped , glossy marble slab of a table.

"Could it be possible he was working for someone else or being blackmailed into doing it?" He inquired.

"I mean its plausible, from our perspective he does seem to obvious as a suspect , his motive is too strong committing the murder he must of known he would be suspected and to be honest my Dad is capable of many devious things but I don't think murder is on the agenda. He has too much to throw away with the possibility of being thrown into jail for a life sentence,"

Jughead nodded continually sipping his milkshake , his was almost gone and Betty had barley touched hers. Just living up to his reputation , Betty thought to herself.

"But then again, maybe  we are thinking to hard into all of this. "He stare at her puzzling.

"I mean look at the evidence, he was missing the night of the drive -in ,he's acting weird lately and he has a strong motive. Either way he wanted Jason dead." Betty confessed.

"That doesn't mean he killed him, but it could mean e was covering for some one." Jughead added

"Yeah .. But who?"

"Mabey some one he loved, maybe someone lik.."

"Some one like my mother..." Betty added sarcastically looking away from him.

"You know I didn't mean it like that."

"Lets be honest we were both thinking it, my Dad may not be capable of murder but my Mom definitely is." Betty said raising her arms up and sinking back into the booth. She placed her hand on her temples and then covered her eyes.

What happened next is what shocked her, he got out of his seat and came to sit next to each other. There wasn't even breathing distance between them, she could feel the warmth radiating from his strong thighs'. She felt his cosy jacket rub against her bare skin. He reached his arm over her shoulder grasping her, pulling her in close. She felt secure and wanted, his hand made her tingle, sending waves up and down her body. He was so close she could feel his breath on the tip of her nose, she could feel his diaphragm forcing his chest to move up and down, she could feel his heart pulse and beat. She had never been this close to him before, besides last night when they were kissing but the space between them wasn't what she was focusing on. Using his free hand he pushed her hand from her eyes. She looked up. Without warning they began kissing, slow at first but as it progressed it became more intense and passionate. Her neck curved to ease into the kiss easier ,he shuffled in closer( if that was even possible)and they pushed their bodies together. He could feel her slender rib cage press up against his chest. Things were moving quickly as his lips pressed against hers harder. She had never had a greater distraction in her life.

"Umm .....sorry to interrupt but we need this booth if your not using it .." a waitress said awkwardly at the end of the booth ruining their moment. Neither of them appreciated her interruption.

Red faced Betty stood up, banging her knees off the top of the table. Jughead grabbed his bag, and muttered an apology for the both of them. Yet to her surprise once he composed himself he replaced his hand around her shoulder, walking out of Pops. Confident . She felt strong with his arm around her and even though they didn't discuss what "they" were, she still thought of this meeting as a success as they walk out of Pops.

Together.