Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Foul play is suspected to be involved in Mrs Blossoms death." The sheriff stated loudly into the microphone. It was the following Tuesday, after Penelope Blossoms demise. A press conference was being held, the Riverdale Town Hall was swarmed with busy reporters frantically holding up microphones, trying to get clear copies of the Blossom family mystery and everything that has been revealed so far.

"How so?" A reporter called from below the stage.

"We believe that Penelope's life support had been set to default three hour prior to the collapsing of her lungs. This will be deemed as premeditated as the her life support was purposely switched off." The sheriff released.

"Do you think Cheryl could of done it?" Jughead whispered into Bettys ear. Together Betty and Jughead stood at the far back of the hall, no one noticing them.

Betty tightened her already tight, high pony tail, smoothing back the loose wisps of hair cascading her face.

" I mean its definitely possible. Did you see how scared she was? She was terrified that she will be found out? People do things they regret when their scared." Betty leant in and whispered in Jughead's ear.

"I'm focusing on how angry she was that her Mom and Dad killed her twin brother." He confessed.

"What? How angry she was? She was bawling her eyes out Jughead." Betty replied confused at his statement.

"It always depend on your perspective of the situation. You saw a girl crying because she was scared. Where I saw a girl crying tears of anger. She let her emotions run so high. She was crying because she thought her Mother deserved death." Jughead explained using erratic hand motions.

Betty gave up arguing with him. "Either way she has a strong and definitive motive."

Jughead nodded, turning his attention back to the Sheriff who was wrapping up the conference.

"All I can say at the moment is that further investigation will take place including possible links between the death of Clifford Blossom and his wife. Thank you that will be all." The sheriff headed down the steps of the stage, tens of reporters hurrying around him forcing their microphones onto his face. Officers stood around him trying to keep them at a safe distance.

"Well that proves it. The police know no more than we do." Jughead admitted pushing open the grand doors

"Or the public does. If the authorities really do know something , do you really think that their going to tell the town. It could force uproars and only God knows what else." She replied.

"I suppose..." They were now at the bottom of the steps leading up to the hall. Stood awkwardly, not knowing which direction to head.

"I guess we should head to your Dads trailer then.." Betty sighed.

Jughead nodded in response ,looking down.. Together they headed down to the South side trailer park.

Tomorrow was the day Jughead was to be shipped to the South side of town, in order to stay with his new foster family. Who were not in the least supportive of his academic resistance to stay at Riverdale high. Doing everything in their power to convince Jughead to transfer to South side High. Last night they packed all his belonging that had taken refuge in Bettys house in small brown cardboard boxes. Although he had very little(only about two boxes worth) it still took a heavy toll on both of their moods. Now they were headed to his Dads old trailer in order to pack up everything he left there.

The walk was strange. They felt the distance between them, like they were on two different ways. No one knew what to say or how to make it better, unlike normal. The aroma between them felt different, it felt cold. Betty didn't like it. She felt like although he was stood beside her on the pavement, he was actually somewhere else. Away from her and this town.