Chapter Thirty -Three

Jughead's vision spun, blurring as his world came toppling down around him. Despite his Fathers obvious involvement in the case. Jughead had still held out hope. This was very out of the ordinary for the pessimistic, raven haired boy. When he saw Penelope Blossom pull the trigger end the mystery that was Jason Blossoms murder. Jughead felt the muscles in back relax, his chest deflate and a weight lifted off of his shoulders. But still something didn't sit right with him. He should have been relieved that his Father wasn't the murderer he feared he was. Was that not the answer he was looking for? Why didn't he feel satisfied? It was almost as if he knew it was to good to be true.

But he wasn't the only one to have had their world shaken in it entirety. His girlfriends father had also stumbled onto the scene. Betty couldn't believe it, yet a part of her almost expected it. Both herself and Jughead couldn't shake the feeling of her parents involvement in the murder. The investigation had come full circle. Starting with her Dad and finishing it. He had just become another name warped into the spider diagram that was Jason Blossoms murder.  

While both Betty and Jughead processed the events, the video file continued to play in front of them.

Penelope had finally calmed herself. Returning to her formal presentable state. Clifford stood  in front of the two visibly shaken men extending his arm, a gun in his hand pointing at them. His index finger wrapped around the trigger.

Clifford gestured to her. Henceforth, she walked toward the men, untying their blindfolds with her skeletal hands.

"Don't bother screaming. This room is sound proof , no one can hear a thing outside these wall." Clifford threatened.

"Clifford Blossom, your the one doing this?" Hal asked.

"Why are we her..." F.P said coming to a halt as his gaze fell to the dead body rotting in the corner strapped to a chair.

"Holy shit.." He uttered. Surprising no one with his perplexing vocabulary. His face had drained of colour making him look weak and vulnerable.

This hit Jughead hard. Alough F.P had never been a stable father. Jughead had always saw him as the strong emotionless warrior he claimed to be. Seeing him so feeble and scared, forced Jughead to unbury some hidden emotions he had towards his Dad.

Betty on the other hand was shocked. Her Father stood calmly before the gun and body. The man she knew would have most likely been ecstatic in this situation.

"What the hell did you do?" Hal asked slightly raising his voice.

"Now lets not get agitated shall we?" Clifford threatened gesturing to the gun in his hand.

Both men stepped back. " There has been an incident involving Jason. Sadly this means he is no longer with us."

"Why are we here ? This is your problem not ours." Hal told him with confidence.

"No my friend. This is our problem as you are both now witness'" Clifford began to pace around the room, fiddling with his gun as if it were a toy.

"So why are we here?" F.P pressed.

"You are here to help us remove of this entire situation. You F.P will use you skill in avaiding the law to make this crime untraceable. You will also use your connection with the Serpents to convince them all we will never here. We will of course provide a lump some in order to obtain bribery. But you must make sure everyone stays quiet no matter what you have to do. As we are using their underground bar are."

That explains the brief case full of money addressed to the serpents.

"You will also drive the case as far away form the Blossom name as possible. Frame someone if you will. I would start with someone who has a connection to the sheriff, he can not persecute someone he has a relationship with." He continued.