Chapter Thirty-One

The tension between them was high and strong. Betty didn't know what to do. Was she supposed to click play? But how could she when she could already foresee her future tumbling down around her. She could practically sense both Archie and Veronicas discomfort. Worry was high on everyone's radar.

It should be noted at this point that as soon as she started to question weather to go through with this or not, her first though was Jughead. He would know what to do.  She turned to him, to see how he was holding up.

Neither Veronica or Archie noticed, they were stuck in a worrisome staring battle, one neither of them could escape from. Jughead was stood directly beside her, his chin being supported by his hand- making him look ever so deep in thought. She could see deep into his deep blue eyes that a thousand things were racing across his mind. His black hair was messy, tossed from side to side, a beautiful mess. Betty thought to her self, he didn't even need to try. All hidden beneath his signature grey crown beanie. Few curls escaped its boarders, like escaping convicts. His eyes had what resembled deep bags under them, he looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. His lips were pursed, like he wanted to say something but didn't have the will power to come out and say it.

He stared at her trying to take everything in, before everything else changed. But he knew she would stay the same- everlasting beauty is never affected, not in his eyes.

"Are you ready?" She asked not bothering to turn to the others, this didn't really concern them. She only cared about him at this moment.

"Press play." He dared , his voice was confident, but still had an undeniable shakiness to it.

She turned back to the computer, hand on mouse. She could feel both Archie's and Veronicas attention back onto the matter in hand.

With a weighty amount of doubt escapading her mind.

She clicked play.

The screen buffered and began to play.

The screen is dark. Pitch black. Nothing can be seen.

Betty waved her mouse scared the video was unrecoverable. Twenty four hours of footage. She began to skip by the hour , not wanting to spend all her time examining pitch black darkness.

Hour one: Nothing had changed.

Hour Four : The video was still submerged into what could be only described as an eternal darkness at this point.

Hour Six: The screen was still engulfed in a pitch black fog, but before she could skip any further an heart wrenching screech filled the room. A recognisable, undeniable voice...

One that belonged to the now deceased Jason Blossom.

"Hello?  Why are you doing this?" Jason screeched at the top of his lungs.

Within second the rooms was dimly lit.  In the centre of the room revealed a badly beaten Jason Blossom. His left eye swollen, multiple lacerations underneath and around his right eye. His signature red curls, filthy. His usual calm demeanour gone. Replaced with a frantic, heavy breathing state of panic. He was ties to an old wooden chair. That seemed almost recognisable to Betty, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

The room was bare, with little character. Its cream wall stained with an indescribable substance. Its thick, red appearance forced Veronica to gag.

The video portrayed an understandably terrified Jason as a great metal door opened. Its loud clanging revealing its presence before even appearing on screen.

In walked the devil herself.

Penelope Blossom.

Both Archie and Betty released a gasp. Questions ran through everyone's mind. How could she possibly be involved In this? Was everything an act? From slapping Alice Cooper for publishing an article involving Jason's autopsy to arranging meetings with the Sheriff to help catch her sons killer, when she really knew all along. It seemed unbelievable, only something that would happen in a teen thriller. Or to the Blossoms.