Chapter seven

"Okay so Jason's been dead for around three months, so that rules out newcomers and junior's."  Betty explained, tapping her pen against the cold , glossy table in the English orientated room dedicated to the production of the schools newspaper. Her vision focused on the bored ahead of her , the Jason Blossom murder bored. It had links to the Cooper family, the Blossom family and even the Lodges. But one area of suspects it was short on was students.

"I'm putting my money on a member of the football team," Jughead added. They were starting their fresh investigation by listing all plausible suspects. He leaned back, resting on a plastic chair with his arms folded.

"I don't know I'm stuck on Cheryl , there's definitely something going on under the surface. It was her who started this whole investigation by lying to the police."

"I see where your coming from which is why ...." He stood up and waltzed over to the bored next to Betty." She remains as our top suspect" He added placing Cheryl's photo in the centre of the bored next to the victim , Jason , and the rest of the Blossom family.

Betty phone alarmed , forcing the pair to jump. Silencing it she realised , after two hours alone with him( although it was mainly work , they may of had a few breaks to enjoy their new found relationship), it was time for her to leave.

" I have to go, its time for work," Betty explained.

" Huh, since when do you need a job , isn't that what mammy and Daddy are there for to give you every thing you want or to keep you quiet?" Jughead asked sarcastically following Betty to where her belonging lay in the back of the class room.

"Haha very funny , I need a job to support Polly there is no way she can afford her medical and essential need's and I cant expect Hermione to pay for it when we both know they are going through money problems themselves. I need a job. to get the money to Polly off the grid, my parents would instantly suspect something was up and I can't risk that."

"Yeh I understand, where are you working?" he asked genuinely interested and concern. He appreciated and respected how much she was willing to sacrifice for her sisters safety.

"The school office , behind the scenes in the lounge organising papers and old documents. The pay isn't great but its higher than the waitressing that I applied for at Pops."

"Do you need me to come with you?" He added . With no sarcasm. He actually meant it , he would be willing to drop meeting his best friend at Pops for a milkshake and burger for her. He would do anything for her, he wanted to help her and for some reason when he leaves he an ache persists deep inside him. Nothing like he has ever felt before .

"That's sweet , but I'm sure I can survive two hours in Hell for Polly and the baby, plus don't you have to meet up with Arch?" Betty followed up smiling, touched by what his concern , it gave her an uncontrollable surge of happiness. She grabbed the long skeleton key that seals the secret to their investigation, the door to their obsession.

"Yeh but I can cancel if you needed me.."

"No you go ahead and enjoy yourself, we both don't need to suffer through the hands of Mrs Wessler. We can meet up later , either before or after I have seen Polly."

"Well then maybe we can continue what we started earlier," he stepped closer , a lot closer. His eyes pierced her seductively.

"I would like that" Betty bit her lip. "Very ... very ... much" Betty said slowly leaning closer in with every word until they were kissing. The heat between them was intense, but so was their chemistry. It was like them being in the same room lit the match and them getting closer and closer caused a wild fire. Loosing themselves in the moment , Jughead pushed her up against the cold , metal lockers that dominate Riverdale high's laws. It only ached for a moment, but she was far to distracted to care. She moved her hands up and down his back, then moving them to his hat in a continuous cycle. While his hands moved along the shapes of her curves and waist, then along the small of her back. Stopping for breaths every few seconds seemed impossible. He ran his hair wildly through his fingers. betty felt things would have moved a lot quicker if it wasn't for the fact they were in the school hallway. The built up sexual tension between them was too much to handle at times.

The school bell chimed loudly in their ears, knocking them back into reality. Both stopped and fixed their appearances, Jughead pulled down his proceeding t-shirt and Betty shaped her hair into what could be called acceptable for school, or a messy bun on any other day.

"Hmm ,well if that's what you call a goodbye kiss, I cant wait until we are alone together again to see what else is in store." Jughead whispered in Betty's ear and walked off with his jacket tied around his waist. Looking back occasionally to smile and process what just happened. He wonders how in the hell he will be able to keep a straight face in front of Archie.

Bettys face was red but an uncontrollable smile spread across her face.Quckly, she spun on her heels and began her walk to the schools office. Begging that no one will notice the burning red patch forming on the right side of her neck ...