Chapter Ten

His feet were felt as if they were off the ground , he felt weightless yet tiered all at the same time. The tall , narrow building that condemned him for five days a week appeared within his vision. He started up the wide steps of which ivy has engulfed . Oxygen began to return to his lungs and then to the rest of his body as the blood returned to the rest of his mangled body parts. He parted the large, oblong doors that led into the school, taking care with his steps.

There was no time for any distractions, he headed straight for the schools reception. It was clear that more lights had turned off due to the lack of movement. For energy saving efficiency , the school had invested in motion sensor light bulb. At least this meant Kevin wasn't lurking anywhere near himself or Betty. Jughead rounded the corner to reveal Betty sat looking through files under the desk of the reception.

"Betty?" Jughead asked. She lifted her head, revelling her soft, curious face. She stood to the sound of his voice. Without hesitation he made his way over to her. Using his muscular thighs and arms to push chairs and any other obstacle in his path. On instinct she sat on and pulled herself over the desk, rather than walking around she needed to take the quickest most direct path to him.

They met.

His eyes met hers.

He pulled her in close. Burying his head into her neck. Although this was not what she was expecting, Betty welcomed the form of affection. Closing her arms tightly around his body.

"Your okay? " he asked with concern.

"Yes , I'm fine , I doubt Kevin could ever hurt me any way," He looked up, releasing his head from her neck. Looking at her glowing face, her features.

" Your the first person who has ever cared that much, enough to potentially run into maniac infested school. A potential suicide mission.. " She chuckled , speaking his language. Sarcastic humour used to showcase her true feelings and admirations.

As soon as she looked up into his eyes, her face went stern. He wasn't joking around. His face was solid, caring, compassionate.

" I would do anything for you..." His face was serious , staring at hers with an urge for her. With every word he realised how much he wanted to tell her, he loves her. From the moon and back, from Heaven to hell. He loved Betty Cooper. Her a strand of hair fell across her face dancing upon her eyebrows. He gently pushed it back behind her ears. Keeping his hand steady and supported on the back of her head. Before any thing else could be said, their lips collided. Passionately, He pressed himself up against her, closing the small gap between them. Without breaking the kiss, Betty used the long of her arm to clear the desk she had previously climbed over. Forms and papers spilled down , floating down. On instinct, Jughead lifted her off the floor. Lying her down on her back, atop the wooden desk. He climbed on top of her .

Jughead pushed his lips hard down atop of hers. His hands constantly moving, finding new places to feel and absorb.

Betty knew this shouldn't be happening here , in school after hours in the dark. Not now when a killer was on the loose.

Things seemed to be moving quickly. Quicker than in her bedroom, quicker than in the school hall. Betty could feel herself ready to rip his t-shirt off. If it wasn't for another disruption. A light appeared in the hall. The motion sensor had been triggered.

They both stopped, automatically clambering down from the desk. Slowly , taking it step by step by each others side. Betty grabbed his arm tightly, he used his opposite arm to reassure her by placing it upon hers. The school was silent, not even a peep was made from Betty's squeaky sneakers.

The pitter patter of clinky heels came strutting down the hall.

"Betty? the voice called.

Both Betty and Jughead released the breath they had been holding and Betty release the tight grip she had on Jughead's arm. For  a brief second he wished she kept it there, realistically he wished they were back on that desk moving further than just kissing.

"Veronica, in here.." Betty proclaimed. In walked Veronica in a tight Gucci dress and Vuitton heels with a matching purse. On her head was pair of the pussycats very own kitty ears.

"Sorry , I'm late our rehearsal was moved to another room and nothing was good enough for Josie..." Veronica went on explaining everything from her ears to the song she's singing.

Then , without introduction, in walked Archie...

"What the hell Ronnie, I've been texting and calling you for half an hour, Why didn't you answer I was worried." Archie furiously asked.

"Sorry my sweet Archiekins , Josie made us all turn off our phones before practise, I must of forgot to turn it back on. Why, what's happening?" Veronica asked realising the extent of the situation due  to Archie's concerned face.

"We think Kevin has something to do with Jason's murder , I heard him on the phone.." Betty confessed.

"Kevin, sweet, baby -faced, "let me re-fill the popcorn for you" Kevin. He is not capable of a bar fight , let alone murder." Veronica scoffed.

"Neither did I , until I heard him on the phone, I ha d never seen him like that before."

"What do we do ? We cant exactly go to the sheriff, he isn't going to look into his own son as a suspect." Archie asked.

The light outside the reception which had previously dimmed, shone bright again.

" That must be him, lets go!" Betty whispered walking towards the door when a strong, warm hand on her shoulder held her in her tracks.

"Whoa slow down there Sherlock , do we really know what we are walking out into?" Archie asked them all.

"Well ...we are about to find out ." Jughead stated grabbing a tight, firm secure hold onto Bettys hand. Dragging her with him, she followed gladly.

Both Archie and Veronica, unsure whether to wait inside or not, followed side by side.

As they reared into the hall, they caught the glimpse of someone making the corner into the art studio, followed by the switch of the motion censored light.

This was the beginning of  a wild chase, that didn't just end that night but would take another three months to end.

But Betty and Jughead were ready for it , together.