Chapter Thirty-Seven

The time of death was around four o' clock.

Pronounced dead at six seventeen. Once the body was dragged out from the decomposing mansion and deemed unable to be resuscitated. Flesh burnt to the crisp, revealing the bone located at the shin. Face disfigured, contorted to an odd shape. The smell of bleach dominant around the body.

Yet despite everyone's oblivious beliefs, cause of death was not due to the lack of oxygen and suffocation due to the fires absorption of the oxygen, replacing it with tick ashy smoke.

Cause of death was a heart attack most likely due to shock, most probably caused by the sulphuric acid thrown onto the victims face. Given treatment within a certain period of time , it is indeed survivable. Except this rare case, the medicated moisturiser on the victims face reacted with the sulphuric acid once thrown onto their face. The chemical reaction that took place was hazardous and would have most likely killed the victim with minutes after taking place.

It had been one week since the infamous flame battle that took place within the gates of Thornhill. Penelope Blossom was still intensive care at the local hospital, under twenty four hour supervision and life support. Hal Blossom was to buried in the next week, no funeral. The town and family didn't deem his life worth celebrating and the remainder of the Blossom clan from the outside of time want no more association with him and his intermit family.

There was new mystery in the small , secluded town of Riverdale. But was anyone really willing to seek justice for a killer? Betty was. Not for the sake of Clifford Blossom, but for the sake of her own causes. Bettys parents had been missing for just over two weeks and Polly had made very little contact. Joaquin had immediately left town on the Blossom murder mystery blew up, and the mystery twin was still unidentified. Betty believed the murder and burning of Thornhill somehow linked in with her parents disappearance. She wanted nothing more than to find them, especially considering the nights were about to become a lot more lonelier .

Jughead had been spending every night with Betty, neither of them had anyone left.

F.P was still being held prisoner at Riverdale's finest county jail, as he still disposed of the body and tampered with evidence. Twelve years was his maximum sentence, three month was his minimum. Quite drastic extremes, but bail needed to be provided. Money that Jughead did not have. The serpents had no further obligation or debt to his father , so needed not to help. But due to the circumstances, F.P no longer had any authority over Jughead, it was stripped from him as he was handed an orange jump suit, and  his mother passed him onto to social services.

This meant that within a matter of days Jughead was to passed onto a foster family on the South Side of town, forcing a rift between him and Betty.

The quicker she found her parents the quicker they could shed more light on the situation, perhaps even providing the money they will gain from their share of Clifford's money upon his death and giving it to F.P and Hal, as once found he will similarly be prosecuted.

Betty and Jughead were sat in the Blue and Gold congregation room, focusing on their new murder board. Whom belonged to none other than Clifford Blossom. Jughead was to stay at Riverdale High until the end of the academic school year, in hopes his Father will of been released on parole. Otherwise he will be relocated to the Southside of time, limiting his connection with his friends. With Betty.

Their new task was complex. To unravel all the mysteries of which the Cooper/ Blossom family hold. As well as many other harrowing questions, like who drove them off the road ? The obvious answer would have been Clifford or Penelope, but the time line doesn't add up. They were already locked within the burning walls of Thornhill at the time of question.