Chapter 4

Shannon loved riding his motorcycle at night. The cool fresh air blowing across his face. This was his time to be alone and just be free to think, and to get out of that cramped smelly tour bus. He loved the guys but damn they could get on his nerves. They had been on tour for a month now and haven't had a real day off yet. If all went as planned they should get to their next stop a day early and could relax for a day.
He looked up at the stars. He always loved being out of the city at night so he could look at the stars. He wondered what was out there. But just the beauty alone was breathtaking.
"What the fuck was that?!" He saw a bright flash of light out of the corner of his eye. He slowed the bike down and pulled off to the side of the road where he thought he had seen the flash disappear. He took a flashlight out of his bag and started looking around. He didn't see anything so he started leave. Just then he saw his light reflect off something. He walked toward it.
"Oh, shit it's a body!" Had the flash been the bus hitting this person. If so why haven't they stopped. He ran up to it. It was a woman. He reached down and brushed the hair off her face. She had blood coming from her nose and mouth. He felt for a pulse. She had one.
"Thank god." He took out his phone and called his brother. "Jay turn the bus around. There's something you got to see. And you need to get Doc too."
"Why? Are you ok Shannon?" Jared sounded panicked. Everyone on the bus stopped what they were doing and watched Jared.
"I'm fine just turn around. You'll see my headlight. Hurry up for fucks sakes!" He said annoyed.
"Turn the fucking bus around! And someone find Doc! I don't know what Shannon found but it's important!" Jared yelled. What the hell had Shannon done this time?

Shannon wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing by moving her but he couldn't leave her here. He had to get them closer to the road. They were going to have to move her themselves anyway. The ambulance wasn't going to come out here in the middle of nowhere to get her. How the hell had she gotten here in the first place.
He picked her up. She still had some weight on her. Which was good that meant she hadn't been out here long. Her clothes where clean but they smelled and felt a little strange. He made it back to road and sat down cradling her in his lap. He didn't want to lay her down on the road it just didn't seem right. What was taking Jay so long!
He studied her face. She was pretty. Not really his type. She was brunette and short and toned. He preferred the tall blonde model type.
Shannon saw headlights coming toward him. Finally, Jay was here.
Jared came running out of the bus followed by Tomo and the driver.
"Are you ok." Jared asked as he came to a skidding halt in front of Shannon. "Oh, god Shannon what happened? Who is she?" Jared looked around trying to figure out what happened.
"I don't know. A flash of light caught my attention and then I found her about 30 feet off the road."
"Let's get her on the bus. Doc is going to meet us at the rest stop about 50 miles up." Jared went to take her from him but Shannon just jerked back.
"No! I got her!" Shannon walked off toward the bus with her.
"What the hell was that about?" Tomo asked surprised.
"I have no idea." Jared said looking at Shannon as he walked away. "I have no idea"

They all got back on the bus and a few minutes later after the driver had loaded Shannon's bike back on the trailer they were on their way.
"Shannon why don't you put her in the back bedroom and let Tomo take a look at her and get her cleaned up some. You know he has some medical training. He can make sure there is nothing major wrong that we have to try to treat right now."
Shannon didn't want to leave her. For some reason, he felt responsible for her but he understood Jared's reasoning. So, he let Tomo take care of her.
"Shannon what really happened?" Jared asked concerned.
"I was just riding looking up at the stars and I saw a really bright flash of light and went to find out what had made it and there she was. I have no idea how she got there."
Jared looked at Shannon and knew he was telling the truth he really didn't have any idea how she got there.
"You know we can't tell anyone about this right?" Jared said. Shannon nodded in understanding. If they did the police would take her and do God knows what to her. People disappeared all the time here in this part of the country. Not to mention they had just finally stopped watching Shannon.
"She might already be a fugitive you know that right. They could have one of their bases around here somewhere and she could have been trying to escape. And now we have just become accessories."
Tomo came out of the room then. "She seems to be resting comfortably. I can't find anything major wrong with her. I assume she has some kind of head trauma due to the blood coming from her nose mouth and ears. But that is all I can find. Of course, Doc can tell us more when she examines her."
"Thanks, Tomo" Shannon put his hand on Tomo's shoulder as he passed going into the bedroom to sit with her.
Tomo motioned Jay over to him in the kitchen area of the bus and turned on the water. He didn't want anyone to hear what he had to tell Jared. They never knew who was listening or who they could trust.
"Jay, she has a triad symbol on her hip."
"Oh, great now that just complicates things even more. How in the hell did she get out here? There is no way they would have sent anyone to meet us out here without letting us know. I didn't get any alerts. Did you?"
"No. I didn't. Do think they may have contacted Shannon? I know you removed him but maybe someone didn't get the memo?" Tomo snickered.

Now Jared was worried. Was someone trying to set them up? They had been helping to hide certain people from the police and give them new identities. When these people were sent to them they had a secret mark on them called a triad that identified them as a member of the echelon. As a cover the echelon was also what their groupies called themselves. They were the band 30 Seconds to Mars. It made the perfect cover. They could travel all over the world and help people hide from the so-called world police. Not all the police were bad but a certain section called A2 was. They were tasked to find the trouble makers as they called it. The people who were different in any way be it looks, beliefs, or whatever the A2 came up with.

"Tomo when it's safe try to make contact and see if anyone knows who this woman is." They were pulling into the rest area. Doc was there waiting already.