Chapter 22

six months later

The war had slowed down. They had hit all the bases that they could find. There were more bases or safe houses out there because they hadn't been able to find Dr. Teal. Davenport would send a message every few weeks just to let them know he was alive but nothing else. Dwight had been hitting dead ends trying to find anymore out about him. He had all but disappeared once he went into the C.I.A. Dwight was beginning to think that they had put him undercover straight into the A2. Which would make the most sense to do but also the most dangerous cause they could lose him to their cause. So, Dwight still didn't know where Davenport's loyalties lay.

Robert was still in talks with the military. They wanted to take over his project again but he refused. He told them we would be willing to exchange information and maybe work together on some things. They wanted all or nothing. So he was hitting a dead end with them.

Roberts friend who worked for the military had found out they had sent almost 3000 people to alternate worlds. He didn't know why but it was for more than taking a look. The friend wasn't sure but it did seem as though they had some kind of communications with the worlds and could possibly bring people back. He told Robert it was all very vague. The military often put out reports that were false to mislead spies, but those seemed to be real.

Jared, Shannon, and Tomo decided to release the new album on schedule. Most of the world didn't know about the war. Nothing made the news and if it did another story was made up to cover it up. They had decided to do a short tour so they could spread the word about the war. Jared had also spoken to the other bands that knew about him and they were spreading the word too. The A2 may have control of the TV but very little control when it came to concerts.

Jared left Dwight in charge of everything while the band toured, of course, Dwight kept Jared informed of everything. Jessie and Haley came on tour with them. Haley didn't want to be away from Shannon for that long. The therapist came too. Haley had improved some, she would let Shannon and Jared touch her and hug her. She had even just started to let Shannon kiss her a few times. Their therapist had made them an appointment with another sex therapist in this area, they would see her tomorrow morning. They had already spoken to her individually over the phone a few times so she was familiar with their case.

"I want you." Jared pointed to people in the crowd. "and you, that crew back there, and this young lady to all come up here and help with this next song." Jared hugged everyone as they came up. Tomo showed them where to stand.

"Now, unfortunately, this is the last song of the night, but you can come to the concert tomorrow. It's a bit earlier,"

"There no more tickets it's sold out Jared." Someone on stage said sadly.

"Oh, you don't have a ticket for tomorrow?"

The young woman shook her head. Shannon had been playing a beat but he stopped and grabbed a microphone.

"Wait for a second Jared."

"What's up Shan?"

Shannon walked over to the woman and whispered, "You have a ticket now and you also have one for the meet and greet." She screamed and grabbed ahold of him hugging him.

"Umm Shannon, what did you just whisper to that girl? You know you don't pick up women we bring up on stage."

"I don't know about that, you remember that time...." Tomo started.

"Shut it! Don't want to hear it!" Everyone laughed.

"I just told her she had a ticket for tomorrow nights show." He turned to the people on stage. "In fact everyone on stage does." They screamed and the crowd applauded.