Chapter 19

Dwight and some of the other members of the Ghost team sat watching the A2 base in Eastern Kentucky. They had captured and interrogated one of the guards from inside. Haley was in there. She had been inside one of the cells but had been turned over to a psycho named Sam after she threatened Dr. Teal and broke his nose. No one knew where Sam had taken her. The guard had guessed that he took her into the cave system that ran underneath the base. No one had mapped it out but it was so extensive. The best way to find her quickly would be to enter it the same way Sam had, from the inside.

"We don't have time to break the code on the door before one of the guards can see us. We need someone to let us in." One of the guys on the team remarked.

"I'll go get Jared, maybe that person contacted him again and has given him a way in. If not we will have to come up with a distraction and pray."

-----

Davenport was going over parts of the video footage again. He was sure he had at least two Ghost team members on there. He wasn't going to tell Dr. Teal yet. He had lost trust and most of all respect for him since he let Sam take Haley and he still hadn't given the order to bring her back. Sam has had her for nine days now. He felt like a failure because he couldn't find them. He knew they were in the caves under the base but so far he hasn't been able to find any trace of them. He was running out of options he was going to have to make a decision soon.

After tapping on the window to wake Jared up. "Jared its time," Dwight whispered through the window of the cabin.

"Ok, I'll be right out." he sighed as he quickly got out of bed and dressed silently.

"Make sure to leave a note so they know you'll be gone a few days."

"Ok." He went into the kitchen and wrote a quick note, wishing he could say goodbye to Jessie but he knew how important it was he left in secrecy.

Didn't want to wake anyone. Had an emergency meeting in New York be back as soon as I can.

Jared

He grabbed his bag and ran out the door.

"You found her for sure?" Jared asked once they had driven a few miles.

"We know she's in the cave system under the base. But we have to figure a way into the base. Did that person contact you again by chance?"

"No, not yet."

"Damn we were hoping to contact them to either get Haley out or get us in. The problem we are having is the way in it is very well guarded. We don't have time to crack the code on the door before we would be spotted by one of the guards."

"Maybe he will send one before we get there. Where are we going anyway?"

"We'll be there in about two hours."

"She's been this close and we didn't know it! Fuck!" Jared looked out the window thinking about how everything had changed so quickly. He had gone from a womanizing rock/movie star to a head over heels in love leader of a fucking revolution of sorts in a matter of weeks. Crazy.

"Jared. Jared."

He hadn't realized he fallen asleep.

"We're as close as we can get by car. We have to hike the rest of the way in." They were in the middle of the woods.

Dwight handed him an empty pack to put his things in and some water.

"Do you know how to shoot?"

"Yes."

"What do you know about a 45 and an M14?"

"I took some classes and worked with some soldiers while preparing for a movie. So I can shoot pretty good and I can break them down."