Chapter 5

"Who did Shannon beat up this time," Doc said smiling as she walked onto the bus. She looked at Jared and Tomo and noticed the serious stance they had. That's not good she thought, something was definitely up. She was about to ask when Jared shook his head.
"Hey, guys how long are we going to be stopped. Just wondering if I had time to call my girl. I actually have signal here." The driver asked. He was a middle-aged man with a kind face. He seemed trustworthy but he had only been with them a few months. He had started working for them when they were doing a few festivals. And that was when the problems with Shannon had started too.
Someone had started following him after Shannon had helped a guy disappear. The police had questioned them all because the guy had been hired as one of the roadies the week before. That was how they got him out of the city. Jared was sure someone had tipped off the A2 that Shannon may have been involved somehow. So, he immediately got the word out that Shannon couldn't be contacted in any way for any reason. They still hadn't figured out who that person was. But he would. No one put his family in danger!
"Sure, make it quick though. We are starting to run behind now. I really want that day off so we need to get to El Paso." Jared waited for the guy to get off the bus. "Doc how long will it take you to look over this person?"
"As long as nothing is serious I should be done with most of the exam in about 10 minutes." She said, "Now where is my patient?"
"In the back bedroom. Oh, and Doc this is umm..." Jared gave her a weird look.

She walked into the bedroom and saw Shannon sitting on the edge of the bed holding a woman's hand.
Shannon had been sitting there for what seemed like hours just watching her. Who was she? How had she gotten way out there in the middle of the desert? He had so many questions.
Shannon? Hi, honey." Doc said softly. She knew Shannon didn't realize she was there and she didn't want to scare him.
"Oh, hi Doc."
"What happened to her?"
"I have no idea. I found her on the side of the road. She had blood coming from her nose, mouth, and ears. She hasn't moved or tried to say anything. I don't know what's wrong with her." Wow, he was getting emotional. That was so unlike him. Especially since he didn't know anything about her.
"It's ok Shannon. I'll figure it out. Why don't you go on out and I'll look her over."
"No, I want to stay"
"I don't think she would like it much when she wakes up and finds out that you saw her without her clothes on. I have to fully examine her, Shannon" Doc said while she started to pull down the blanket.
Shannon shook his head understanding and walked out.
"Ok, now young lady let's see what has happened to you." Doc went over every inch of Haley's body. Other than the residual blood in the nose, ears, and mouth. She could find nothing really wrong with her. She did find the triad tattoo on her hip. Now she knew what had Jared and Tomo upset.
She took a blood sample to run once they stopped in El Paso. Doc had her own bus that had a small lab and X-ray equipment. She was the official doctor for the band and for all the people traveling with the tour. That was one of the perks for the employees. You got free basic medical care.

When they weren't touring, she was just the bands, personal doctor. So, her bus was her home for the most part. Jared had told her many times that she could move into his guest house but she couldn't bring herself to do it. You see she was in love with Jared but he didn't know. He had never once given her any sign that he may be interested in her on a romantic level. So, she just lived in her bus so when seeing him with the other women got too much she could just leave for a few days or weeks.
They were close in age but just like his brother he went for the younger prettier model type girls. She didn't see how they could stand it. Very rarely did any of them have a brain. I guess that they couldn't stand them either because they never lasted more than a few weeks.
"Well any clue as to what happened to her?" Jared and Tomo walked into the room shutting the door.
"I can't find anything obvious. I've taken a blood sample and I'll see if that tells me anything. If she doesn't wake up in the next few hours I'll start an IV so she doesn't get dehydrated. Of course, I did find that other thing too."
"It's ok to talk in here," Jared said. "I've had it soundproofed for the most part," he smirked.
Yeah, she just bet he did.

Haley couldn't see anything. Everything was black. She couldn't move either. Her whole body felt like it weighed a ton. And her head oh god her head hurt. It felt like it was going to explode. Where was she? It was warm and soft. A bed maybe? How did she get here? She remembered being cold and then being carried. Then warmth and she smelled the warmth, it came from a man. It had a slight musk scent and leather. Whoever it was smelled good. Someone held her hand and talked to her. She couldn't understand what they were saying it sounded too far away. Then she was moved around and touched a lot. Not in a bad way. Very gentle like they were checking for injuries.
Now she could hear people talking about her triad tattoo. Why would they talk about that of all things? It's just tattoo from her favorite band. She got it years ago in Germany after seeing 30 Seconds to Mars in concert. She loved their music. Every song spoke to her in some way. It did for lots of people. That's what made them special to their most dedicated fans/their family the Echelon. Their music had helped or saved or changed us in some way. It had helped Haley more than once it had given her the strength to pull herself out of the deepest depression and given her the desire to live again.
But they were saying something about how the A2 was going to be looking for her most likely because of where they found her. That she had to have escaped from one of their bases. What the fuck were they talking about?
Well, Robert, it worked I'm definitely in an alternate reality and I don't think it's a better one at least not for me. Now, what was she going to do?
The first thing she had to do was wake up and find out exactly what was going on here. Who were the A2 and why would they want her. And who were these people that she was with right now?
She tried and tried to move but couldn't. She tired herself out and fell asleep.