Chapter 25

2 Months later

"Brita if I could find a way would you come here, to my world?" Davenport asked.

They had been talking almost daily for months, sometimes about business but mostly about personal things. He never thought he would fall in love, much less fall in love with someone he had never met in person. He didn't know if she felt the same way about him but if she did he would find a way to get her here. And if he couldn't then he would continue to love her from here.

"Yes, Jake I would."

"Even if it meant leaving everyone else behind?"

She thought for a moment. "Yes, I would still come."

He thought for a moment to make sure that he really wanted to make this statement to her. If she betrayed him it could cost him his life. Did he trust her? In his heart he knew he did.

"I may know someone who can help but it would mean that I will have to betray the A2. I'll have to go and get on the Leto brothers good side and prove to them I can be loyal." How much should he say to her? Something was telling him to watch out but he ignored it. "I think they know how to travel."

She sighed and got a worried look on her face. "They will hunt you, Jake. I can try to slow them down but once Calvin finds out he'll give the order to terminate you because you know too much."

"I don't care, Brita, I'm in love with you." He sat up straighter and looked straight into the camera. "I want to be with you if at all possible. If not then I'll take what we have now, but it's worth the chance."

"You love me?" she asked softly, shocked.

"Yes, I do."

"I love you too Jake." They looked at each other longingly for a moment.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow. I need to go and see if I can arrange a meeting."

"See you tomorrow." Both held their hands to the video screen as it went dark.

_____

Brita turned off the computer and sat back in the chair still in shock that Jake had confessed his love for her.

"So he thinks the Leto's know how to travel?" Calvin moved from where he had been sitting just out of the view of the camera.

"It seems so Calvin," Brita said sadly.

"Why so sad? Don't tell me you do have feelings for him." He grabbed her chin and made her look at him.

"No, I'm just tired." she pulled her head away, disgusted. When had he changed so much? What had happened to him? She could see clearly now that the hatred had consumed him. There was nothing left of the man she once knew and called brother.

"I hope that's it. We are too close now for it to get fucked up Brita."

She was so going to kill him. The smug pompous son of a bitch would never see Jake's world.

_____

Jared & Shannon

It's time we meet. I have a proposition. Let's meet tomorrow night after your concert in El Paso there's a park at the intersection of US 54 and McCombs be there at 1 am.'

Jared read it out loud to Shannon and Dwight. Dwight had become their right-hand man. He was teaching them Ghost tactics and skills. They were learning to disappear and still be aware of their surroundings. How to fight hand to hand and just when they thought they had it all down, Dwight would throw something new at them but they were willing to learn.