Chapter 15

The flight back to Kentucky was uneventful. Jared called Terry back once it was safe and found out that they now had a man on the inside and he had managed to get close to Haley. They were moving her again but he didn't know where yet. Jared was glad that he would be able to tell Shannon that she was alive and they had someone close to her, so hopefully it wouldn't be long before they had her back home.

-----------------

"Don't be nervous. Just go ahead and tell him the truth. Tell him everything Doc." Shannon said. "He loves you. He's going to try his best to understand. It may take him a minute. It still took me some time to understand even though I saw it with my own eyes."

"I know Shannon. It's just hard. I've been living this lie for a very long time now. How am I supposed to go back to who I was?"

"It may have started out a lie but it's the truth now. You're a well-respected Doctor. Your our friend, our family. We love you. None of that is a lie. You are who you are now not who you were when you first came here." Shannon hugged her close.

The SUV with everyone in it pulled up in front of the cabin.

"Thank you, Shannon," Jessie said as she pulled away and stepped closer to the SUV. Jared got out and his blue eyes held hers, she could see the love and the hesitation there. She did have to tell him everything. He wouldn't accept anything less.

"Jared I missed you so much." She hugged him. He returned the hug and kissed her deeply.

Shannon cleared his throat. "We are still here guys."

Jared and Jessie pulled apart. He whispered to her. "We still need to talk."

"I know."

"Shannon I've got news for you bro." Shannon perked up.

"I spoke to Terry. We have someone on the inside close to Haley. She is alive. They are moving her around though."

"When can we go get her?"

"When we know where they are and can make a plan to get to her."

"Is she hurt, Jared?"

"I don't know, Terry didn't say. I'm sure he would have if he knew."

Shannon looked relieved but Jared could see his temper boiling God help anyone who got in Shannon's way when they went after her. He would kill them.

2 Days later

  Jared and Jessie still hadn't been able to talk about things. Hell, they had been lucky to get five minutes alone. Jared was in almost constant meetings or phone calls trying to get information and organize everything and everyone.  Jessie was busy too on her end gathering medical supplies and equipment. She was also trying to find out who among the "troops" had medical training. She wanted to try to have each unit have its own medical team. This was turning out to be no easy feat because they were so secretive about their identities. She couldn't blame them.

  Cobus was leaving tonight. He had set up direct communications between headquarters and South Africa, Europe, and South American members. It would take much longer to get Asia, China, and Japan. They were much more secretive. But he had put the word out that they needed to be in constant contact so they could get correct information.

  Shannon was chomping at the bit. It was driving him crazy that they hadn't heard anything yet. He had dreamed of Haley but he couldn't connect with her. He knew she was trying but for some reason, she couldn't get to him all the way.  He was healing fast. He wasn't in any real pain just sore. But he did still have bad headaches. He wasn't going to tell anyone that. They wouldn't let him go when the time came if he did.