Chapter 27

"Oh God please tell me that's not true," Jared said to someone on the phone. The look of sorrow and pain on his face was horrible. "Ok. Stay safe, don't take any chances. Don't worry about coming back here. See if you can get to Adam and let him know what is going on. Thanks." He hung the phone up.

"What's going on?" Shannon asked. He knew it was bad by the way Jared was holding the phone just looking at it.

"Umm, they found the bodies of about 50 of our people out on the road." He looked Shannon in the eyes. "Men, women and the kids. They killed them all Shannon. Not a single one in that group was left alive." He sat down heavily in a chair and hung his head. "It was the last group to leave here. They were going home and that madman had them killed." He again looked to Shannon. "I don't know how to fight someone like that."

"I do." He put his hand on Jared's shoulder and gently squeezed trying to comfort him. "You have to throughout all the rules and play just as nasty as he does." Shannon made a sucking sound with his teeth. "I know you don't have the stomach for it, Jay. I'll do it if you want me to. You know I want revenge and this is my chance." Shannon's fists were clenched and his eyes darkened.

"I know you want to and would do it in a heartbeat but this isn't just a fight between a few people this is a war, Shannon."

"I know that." He smiled. "You don't know everything I've done Jared. You only know some of it. I can handle this. Teal is here somewhere. I will find him and I will make sure he pays for every single life he had taken and ruined. Every person he has ever hurt will know justice."

"Fuck, Shannon you're scaring me and I've seen some shit. Calm down ok." Dwight and Davenport came into the room. "I'll let you have your time with the piece of shit don't worry but right now we have to play it the right way." He took a good look at Shannon and could see the crazy that Jared had talked about before in Shannon's eyes. Shannon must have done some serious things during his disappearance in his late teens early twenties, here in this timeline. Dwight hadn't checked to see and now it was too late to do that. But he would need that if Teal was the man he thought he was. Shannon was absolutely correct when it came to him, all the rules had to go out the window.

"Everyone have a seat. This is what our latest intel is." He opened up the map on the computer screen. "Teal's men are pretty much all around us. They have managed to cut us off at least the conventional way.  We are going to have to travel to bring anything in or take anything out of here. What I propose we do is send Jessie and Haley to Africa and South America to get help and bring them here."

"Bring them here how? Haley can only bring one person at a time and can she even travel that far anyway?"

"Yes, they both can. I have just shown Jessie how to travel and shown them both how to bring groups of people and objects at a time. I won't kid you and I didn't kid them, it's not going to be easy for them. They will be exhausted but it is the only chance we have of beating Teal."

"Couldn't we just evacuate and fight another day?" Tomo asked.

"Yes we could but who knows when that will be. Teal may choose to take another route and pick us off a little at a time then. Right now we have an advantage. He thinks we only have at most 150 men to fight with. He has no idea that Haley can travel. So if they can bring in more troops then we have a chance to take him out now."

"This is what I'm going to do and you have nothing to say about it," Haley said firmly as she made her presence known. She had been cloaked watching and listening.

"Haley, I don't want you to get hurt." Shannon came to her and put his arms around her.

"I won't. I will be out of here bringing help. I'll be safe as I can be." She kissed him gently.