Chapter 20

"Doc where is Jared?" Tomo asked.
It had been a full 24 hours since he left, Neither Tomo nor Shannon believed Jared would just pick up and leave only leaving a note. She was going to have to tell them soon. She had been trying to stay busy and stay away from them but they had her cornered in her office. "I don't know."
"Goddamnit Jessica. You know exactly where he is!" Shannon yelled. He got in her face. "You have to tell us. Tell me. I can't lose him. If he's in trouble I have to help him. He can't run off and do shit all by himself."
Shit, Shannon was getting scarier every day. She actually thought he was going to do something to her. "He's not alone." she pushed him away.

"Who's he with then?"

"I can't say." Shannon started to come at her again but Tomo got in the way.

"Back off Shannon." Tomo gently pulled on his shoulder. "Look who you're talking too. This is Doc. She's our friend. She would tell us if she could." Shannon went over to the window and looked out.

"Doc you have to tell us something." Tomo leaned into her and whispered in her ear. "Shannon is going to go off the deep end if you don't. I know Jared doesn't want him to know for some reason but he has to. Jared will understand once you tell him how Shannon is acting."

She sat down. She didn't know where Jared had gone and he had been gone for 24 hours. It would be damn near impossible for him to find Jared now. "Shannon I have to have your word that you will not go after Jared."

"I can't give it." He said matter of fact. "I can't give you my word when I don't know anything at all. I need something. Who's he with? Where did he go? When will he be back? Why did he leave? I need something. I can't just blindly say I'll sit here and do nothing if he could be in danger. You of all people should know that." Oh, he was pissed. He knew what Jessie was going to tell him. He had the feeling as soon as he found the note that Jared left. He had found Haley and left him here. Mother fucker!

"Ok, Jared has been gone for a day now. I think we can agree that just running off after Jared is not the answer." Tomo ever the voice reason and calmness. Bless him he was going to try to defuse this. "Let's all agree that Jessie will tell us what she knows and that you Shannon will not go off half-cocked until we can discuss a reasonable plan of action so no one gets hurt or killed." Tomo looked at each of them but mostly at Shannon. Tomo knew in his heart too where Jared was. This was going to be hard for Shannon to sit still and do nothing but it's obviously what Jared wanted.

Tomo and Jessie looked at Shannon and waited for him to agree.

"Oh ok. I'll stay put until we can figure out a plan." He turned back to the window looking out. "Go ahead Jessie tell me how Jared has shot me in the back and taken my chance to avenge Haley away from me." He tightens his hands into fists.

"He had to Shannon. They wouldn't let you go. They said you would be a liability because you are too angry right now. So he had to go without you. They needed someone she knew to be there when they found her because of what she has been through. They were afraid that she would fight them thinking they were going to hurt her. They are using Jared hoping she will trust him to bring her to you and not fight. He's with Dwight and his team. I don't know where and neither did Jared before he left."

Shannon dropped his head down. As he did a movement outside caught his attention. Dr. Scott was walking away from the building quickly. He had to have been just under them because of the direction he came from but there wasn't a door on this side of the building. He watched where he was going until he was blocked by the trees. It looked like he was heading for his cabin.

"Shannon, did you hear me?" She couldn't believe he wasn't going off on her yelling and screaming at the very least.

"I heard you and I think Dr. Scott heard you as well. He just high tailed it out of here. Looks like he's heading for his cabin. I think you may have been right Tomo. Dr. Scott is not what he seems." They all took off towards the cabin.