Chapter 24

It had only been few days since everyone had agreed to do this and Shannon had been busy planning. He wanted everything to be perfect so he and Jared had gone over what they thought would be a good plan to ease Haley into things. Shannon would take Haley to the hotel and have dinner and get her settled in then Jared would sneak in and wait for the moment to let his presence be known and guide things along.

__________________

"I'm scared, Shannon. I don't know if I can do this. " Haley was starting to panic and they were just in the elevator going up to the penthouse suite, there were still hours before Jared would show up.

"Its ok honey take deep breaths. There's a lot of time between now and when Jared comes. Let's have our dinner and get settled in." Shannon had planned everything out. He found this hotel online, very expensive but she was worth every penny. It had an infinity pool right off the living room area. He knew that water calmed her and their first time had been on the island, this was going to be like their first time again. And this place was on the beach as well, you could go on the balcony and watch the waves.

Room service would bring up dinner with a few bottles of chilled wine. His plan was to have dinner then move to the pool and play. Not sexual, just play around, then Jared would show up and they would go from there.

"Wow Shannon! This place is beautiful!" Haley was floored, it felt very homey and yet classy. It had a sunken living room just a few feet from the infinity pool. She had never seen a pool inside like that before. The bedroom area was huge as well. There were roses and rose petals all over the bed, with a trail leading into the bathroom. Candles were lit all around the huge soaking tub. It was already full of steamy water.

"Go ahead and have a nice relaxing bath. I'll get everything ready. Dinner will be here in a little while."

"I love you, Shannon. All of this is so beautiful, you've thought of everything."

"I love you too." He walked out to let her relax and he went to take care of all the last minute details.

___________________

Jared sat on the beach outside the hotel and watched as Shannon and Haley walked in. He so hoped this worked for them. It didn't matter anymore where she came from she was the one for Shannon. She made him whole anyone could see it. He wondered if it was the same for him and Jessie. Could everyone see it but him? Terry had said he was a dumbass for years for not seeing that she was in love with him and vice versa. How could he have been so blind and wasted so much time? He didn't want to waste anymore but he had to finish things with this war first. He had to make it safe for her before he could give her the life she deserved.

He took out his phone and dialed her number.

"Hey how's it going?" she answered.

"They went inside a little while ago. I have to go up in a few minutes." He looked up at the penthouse windows waiting for the outside balcony light to come on. That would be his signal that they had finished dinner and to head on up.

"Oh ok." She sighed. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just sitting here thinking about how much I love you and miss you."

"Aww, I miss you and love you too. You'll be here to get me tomorrow right?"

"Yep." They were comfortably silent for a few moments.

"Have you gotten anywhere with the traveling?"

"Actually we have. We've almost got a power source strong enough. We just have to figure out how to tweak it to get a little more power out of it. It is more than capable enough to do it. Like I said just need the tweak and then get containment field strong enough to hold it." She snickered. "yeah that would be the most important thing. I'm hoping Robert can help with that."