Reset

Chapter 1 Reset

WWIII was expected. Everyone knew from the bottom of their hearts that all the tension that was constantly pushed on the earth finally cracked. The following ten years were filled with bombs, screaming, and millions of deaths. The nations were unable to help each other because they each had a problem in their own country. They still had meetings but they were no longer about helping the planet or helping each other. They were a way of finding freedom and a way to know if their loved ones were still alive. They held a world meeting on the twenty-fifth of every month. Now, only one Nation sat alone at the large table.

He quietly sat in his chair waiting patiently for everyone else to arrive. In fact, he had been waiting for the past six months, but no one ever showed up anymore. In fact, it's been a long time since he last saw another nation. Though, he kind of expected the others to disappear since the 'shower of bombs.' Alfred F. Jones sighed as the clock hit midnight. Another twelve hours sitting here and no one showed. What did he do wrong? Nothing. Everything. He did nothing and now everyone is dead. His people make up the only country left and even so, there are only a million people left on his Island. Many countries are long gone and most of the other countries are unsafe to live in due to radiation. Alfred knows the humans are able to pick themselves up, but America, he's not so sure. The only thing he has left in his possession is that invisible Unicorn that England gave him for his birthday, so long ago.

It was now 12:10. "Meeting over." He softly said to himself, limping over to the door. His legs gave out just as he reached for the doorknob. America chokes back a sob. He wishes that the war never happened. He wishes for world peace, which is something he has been trying to achieve since the end of WWII, but he failed no matter how much he tried to control himself. In the end, he always forced his country into to war after war.

"Do you wish to save your friends?"

Alfred opened his eyes and for the first time he saw his unicorn, the one Arthur had given him when he was still young, her horn was touching Alfred's forehead. How come he never noticed her walking in the room, shouldn't he have heard hoof beats or something of the sort?

"Do you wish to save your friends?" She asked again.

"Yes." Even though he found it strange to be talking to some sort of magical being it is the only being he has left to talk to. "I do."

"Then I will help you, my child." The Unicorn said as the tip of her horn glows. "Sleep, it will all come together soon. This is your second and final chance. Take care."

Alfred was never taught by England the limits and capability of magic, it was like one of those miracles he used to watch on TV, back when everything was decent. "Thank you." He mumbles as his head tilted to the side and his eyes closed. When he opened them again he was surrounded by flowers and grass.

"Home." The young boy whispered to himself as a tear slid down his face. "I'm home."

Edited by Thehero_50