Great

Chapter 8 Great

Alfred clutched the gun in his hand. Right next to him was one of his allies, Japan. He knows that their friendship won't last longer than a few years, so if he will have to try his best and not give away any weaknesses. Especially that one.

To be fairly honest America has no idea when did the trance started. During his "childhood" He went through things that personally he thought was worse than some of the wars.

Maybe it's the smell of gunfire that triggers it?

Perhaps the fear that's stabbing through his heart over and over again?

But...

Other events have the two criteria. He shook his head. Perhaps once technology and the understanding of the brain improve he might go see a doctor. Just in case.

"America-san ?"

America blinked and turned around. "Sorry, Mr. Japan. Just lost in thought..."

The other nodded. "Please be careful we don't want you to accidentally step on a trap because of your wandering mind. "

"Of course. Mr. Japan can you please drop the 'san' thing? I'm not very fond of the honorific."

Japan nodded. "America, may I ask you a question? "

"Shoot."

Now that America thinks about it, that was probably not the best term he should have used. Whoops.

"Before we left for this mission England-sa-- England shouted. 'Try not to lose your mind' What does he mean by that?"

America chuckled, "Damn that British idiot. It's nothing really. Like I said before, I lose my mind sometimes, it likes to wander and all. Sometimes I bump into trees or I step on a cat's tail. Little things like that."

"I... see, but you do pay attention during battles correct? I do not wish to work with someone who will cause trouble for me."

The younger nation snorted. "I could say the same for you old man."

"I'm not that old."

"You sure talk like one. You're making China seem younger. I dunno about you but that would really suck"

---

It was the end of the war. Everyone was gathered in the building all discussing the punishment of Germany. America kept his head down as all the winning nations talked at once.

"Aren't you suppose to say anything? "

America yawned as he lifts up his head. "Nice to see you too pal. Even though I have a lot of representatives in the actual meeting, I have no desire to deal with European idiots. They are so petty."

"Then why did you join the war?" Germany asked.

"Because I was forced to. Besides, it was going to end like this either way. Time will always make sure of that."

"I see."

"Germany, can you do me a favor?" Alfred sighed. "Try not to let the punishment into your head. Those old men will try to do anything to bring you down, make you feel like the lowest of the low. I can get them to tone down just a bit, but still."

Germany nodded. "I understand. But what makes you so certain?"

"Certain of what?"

"That in the future something bad is going to happen. "

"Think of it as a hunch. If I could see the future then I would have been the strongest, don't you think. I would've won every battle and get the treaty to be the way I wanted. Sorry to be a party pooper but I don't have that kind of special power." America smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "To be able to see the future?" America sighed and put his head down on the table again. "Sounds more like a curse than a blessing."

Edited by