26

Canada sigh. His brother was being difficult again. Not only did he throw a fit in the middle of the meeting room but now he hid himself in the hotel's blankets.

He was in charge of making sure Alfred don't go back in the meeting. He worries that his brother might disappear again. He just wanted him to see their point . Matthew is really worried what will happen to his brother at this rate.

Japan was nice enough to bring some of his games to let America relax and maybe even open up. But the pile of games are still by the door exactly where it was left.

He don't know what to do.

Normally when his brother is like this he just leave him be and soon a day or two after he'll be just fine.

But his brother was kidnapped.

When Canada first heard about it he was shocked he just didn't believe that America of all people was captured and by humans too. Canada can feel that his brother is slowly getting weaker but to go down to that level.

Now Alfred was upset and angry. Granted, Canada and the other nations never saw Alfred being serious before even during the war when he's not in the trance he always find time to make a joke or two. During the wars there are times when Matthew notices his brother red cheeks but beside that, his brother was never concern what so ever.

But today his brother screamed, yelled and begged. It was a first.

At this rate his brother really might leave for good this time.

"Alfred." He tried calling out.

His brother did not respond. Canada still don't know what to do. "Alfred why don't you tell me what to do. I can attend the meeting and Tell you everything that's going on, and you can tell me what to do. Just please talk to me brother."

Matthew bit his lips and tries to hold back a tear. He don't want his brother to leave again.

There was a time long ago when Canada felt scared for his brother. Just like now .

What did he do to cheer him up?

Ah that's right .

"Draw a circle that's the earth.Draw a circle that's the earth. Draw a circle that's the earth, my name is Canada. Ah~ can't you all see the wonderful world we live in. It's very cold in my home in Canada !"

His voice had changed since the time they were little. He even notice that he messed up on a few lines. It's been so long ago that he sang the song that his brother made.

Now that he think about it, even now hundreds of years later his brother still hums the same old tune.

But Canada never heard him sing his version of the song before.

He spotted America looking at him with the same eyes like that time. Eyes filled with hurt and sadness. It was the exact same eyes.

Where did his brother get that?
His eyes were always so cloudy
Canada remembered his child self always dotting on Al so he can be happy and for his eyes to smile as well.

But now he put his effort to distance himself from thoes eyes.

It scared him as a child and it scares him now.

What did his brother see with thoes eyes.

"Matt."Alfred croak out. "You still remember. "

"Of course."He repiled, "it's our song."

It was their song just Alfred and Matthew. Younger and older brother and best friends.

"Can you tell me what's wrong now. You've been hiding something from me for a long time."

It was a long lasting relationship and love that broke through the hard shell called America. It took him centuries but Matthew finally broke through.

He finally get to meet his brother for real.

I'm currently staying in Japan. My grandparents live on a hill side so there isn't much Wi-Fi and especially since our area has been affected by the storm (no meat and no water only the bottomless pit of hell called the toilet) but with all the bad things around us (and the lack of a toilet) I'm glad my family is safe. But I'll try to update here and there and if you wish to contact me Dm is faster than the comments.