24

The number one rule that the nations always tell their boss is that nations can only deal with others nations. It can be something such as war or a simple Christmas event. Both parties must agree to allow humans to participate before hand.

Any humans who failed to abide by the rules will be punished.

No one had broken the rules, so no one knew what will happen if someone did. Not even China one of the oldest nation.

Alfred and Lili can only watch in fear as the ground opened up around their captives and vines reaches out grabbing each of the men strangling the life out of them.

The young girl can only scream in fear as her arms wrapped around the physically older nation, head buried in his coat trying to hide away from the horror in front of her.

Alfred started at the scene. He was scared too. But he had trouble looking away.

He heard of something like this. In the future there was an innocent with the Baltic' s the three weren't the same after that.

"It was like mother earth was protecting us. But at the same time she was trying to make us fear her."

This is what they ment. It all make clear now.

The girl was taken when she went looking for America. All of this is his fault. If he had been more aware.

Maybe letting everyone in was his fault as well. He could had finish up France and his country and work on getting rid of pests in the other country by himself.

He glupled , blinking rabidly trying to stay awake. "L-lets go. "

He need to take her to Vash. He picked her up bridal style and start walking to the vines.

The vines moved away as if to make a path for him.

"T-thank you."

He started picking up his pace as he sprint around the base.  His heart beading faster than ever before. He want his brother, his fathers and uncle. He need to leave now. He don't know where he is, so it would make the nation hopping harder but he have no choice.

He tried to concentrate on his brother. The border and the falls they share. The good memories, Christmas, camping, video games. He thought of the bad memories, 1812, the wars. He then thought of the future and the eventual end of his brother.

America does not fear wars.

He fear the future. He fears the lost and he mostly fears being alone again.

"Alfred!"

He couldn't hear his brother calling out his name, shaking his shoulder.  He didn't even notice someone took Lili away. He reached out to his brother and let out a cry. He hug  his brother as hard as he can. He keep forgetting that his brother is still alive.

--
Switzerland almost broke down the door when he heard his sister was back.

"Lili!"

"Big brother!"

His little sister ran up to him. Her eyes were red, she's been crying. When he get his hands on thoes men.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt."

"I'm fine, something saved us."

"Something?"

His sister nodded. "There was something coming out of the ground and it killed the humans, right in front of our eyes."

The punishment.

What other explanation could there be?

For his sister to have witness such a thing.

"We're going home."

"What?" His sister asked surprised.

"I'm not liking the way things are going. We're going home."

His sister looked down to the floor. "Big brother, this is not like the war. We're not safe anymore. Not only us but everyone too. Beside, Mr.America promised everything will end soon ."

Vash glanced over at the man who was still hugging his brother like a child. What does he know about the war? He narrow his eyes. He must know something they don't know, because of that information his sister was kidnapped.

He need to tell the others.

Just how much is he hiding?