Waking

Chapter 5 Waking

The conclusion of the Witch trial arc.

France hates going over to England. But his boss forced him to. Something about trade, France know that the sun is now shining on England. Spain and France were slowly fading away from the world power stage, and that stupid eyebrow is bragging about it.

He walks into the castle not even daring to talk to one of the staff. He has been in the castle so many time he memorizes it by heart. He knows England's office is right next to his room. The man is always punctual over these things so he must be in his office.

France slammed opens the door. "Oh, England!" Francis frown. No one was inside. Did England forget about the meeting? A pair of small arm wrapped around his legs. "Papa!"

Francis looks down to the floor. "Matthieu! What are you doing here in England?"

The little boy frown. "Alfie got really sick, he won't wake up. Is he dead?"

"What?"

Canada grabbed his hand. "Daddy is watching over him. Maybe you can give him some of your soup it made me feel better." He then leads the older man to the room next door. "Daddy! Papa came to visit us!"

England turned his head around he was just changing the cloth on America's forehead. "Oh, it really is you, Frog. "

France ignores the jab. "What's wrong with young America? It looks like he's in a coma. Did something major happened to his country?"

"No, his physical form is damaged. The town hung him after declaring he was a son of Satan. It's been months."

"The town hung him? For how long?" Francis was shocked. He may not know Alfred as well as his son but he knows that Alfred is one of the kindest people in the world.

"They hung him for a week and left him there.Whenever he comes back to life he'll die again."

"Is Alfie ever going to wake up again?" Canada asked holding on to his brother limp hand. "Does he not want to play with me?"

England glance over at France, who took Matthew to another room. It was better to talk somewhere else.

"You see Canada, there were some bad people who tried to hurt your brother because he was different. Alfred, in order to protect himself, went into a deep sleep."

"But England will never hurt him so why isn't he waking up?"

"He forgot how. Don't worry he will remember soon and when he wakes up he won't be able to move for a while but that's only a side-effect. You know that your brother is a bit slow on these things."

Matthew shook his head. "That's not true. Alfie is really smart he can write in curvy letters in both English and French and he can make funny songs too !"

"Is that so? " Perhaps America is smarter than the two older nation thought.He does hope that the young nation will wake up soon.

America did indeed wake up eventually. The loud screaming and crying woke everyone up in the castle.

"Alfie!" Canada shouted climbing onto his brother's bed. Alfred was wide awake his hands wrapped around his neck as if he was trying to protect it before France and Canada ran to the room England tried to comfort his colony first but young America panic and threw him to the wall.

"Alfred," Canada repeats as his brother began to calm. "Do you remember who I am?"

Alfred slightly nodded his throat hurts from screaming so much. All he ever does is mess everything up, he changes the past greatly who knows what kind of effect it can have on the future. Matthew wraps his arm around his brother. "Why are crying no one is going to hurt you.Please don't be sad."

Matthew doesn't understand. Why is his brother so sad? England made sure that America is in tip top shape. Is he scared that the bad people will come back? But they are far away from home and the nice guard said he will protect the brothers from any harm. he knows France can't get near America unless he calms down. There has to be some way...

"Alfie, do you want me to sing the song you made? " Matthew took a deep breath. He has to sing loudly if he wants Alfred to hear him. He hopes his bear friend won't bother him after this.

"Draw a circle that's the earth.Draw a circle that's the earth. Draw a circle that's the earth, my name is Canada. Ah~ can't you all see the wonderful world we live in. It's very cold in my home in Canada !"

America slightly smiles feeling somewhat better. "That's the song I made."

Canada nodded. "Yeah, I like the song a lot. Do you want to sleep in my bed tonight? It's better than being alone." America nodded, looking over at England curiously.

"Don't mind Daddy, he's taking a nap. Let's explore the castle." He took his brother's hand and help him off the bed. America gave out a surprised shout as he falls to the floor.

Canada helped his brother up before France could. "Well, they did say you won't be able to walk for a while. So I'll carry you. Come on, America."

As soon as they left the room. France went to take care of the fallen nation. He could have taken care of him earlier but France wanted to see the brotherly love the health of his rival can wait.

"They grow up so fast." He said to himself. Eventually, America had gotten better and grew up a foot or two, and therefore start another stage in his life. The Independence. America knew he messed up last time but he's going to make sure everything turns out right for the second time around. He swears on his 

Edited by -