17

To start a war that's easy to do.
To prevent one is much harder.

Alfred has been trying to stop wars for ages and so far none of his effort became a reality.

So..

How can he stop the new war that is coming up.

He has the future in his hand but for some reason he could never get anything Right?

Why?

What is wrong with him that makes it like So?

Perhaps he was not ment to go in the past. The unicorn had no choice after all. He was the only one left. Perhaps England would have been the best choice.

He couldn't enjoy his life like the first time around when he was stupid and arrogant. He was more stressed and paranoid. Perhaps because of that he had more trouble creating a relationship with other nations.

The one relationship he treasure was still there. His brother Matt even after everything that happened he was still there from his other life and now he was always there.

In his past life Canada was one of the nation left. It was him, Matt, Ivan and a few others. Canada went down after a horrible storm.

It was bitter. Out of everything that killed him it was mother earth.

Alfred remember crying for days and walking around hopelessly around. He never felt so lonely in his life.

Maybe the Unicorn is somewhat mad at him. That's why she did not show up the same way in the original timeline. He don't know how she think but maybe the creature is mad at America over the wasted time.

Now he is filled with even more regret.

He can't believe that he messed everything up again. Alfred hopes that everything he did will eventually be forgiven. It's his fault after all.

---
Canada was rather proud of his arts and craft skill. He manage to fix most of the ripped paper. Some of it was small things, little notes that everyone makes:

Don't forget to buy eggs

New Doctor Who episode.

Give K-9 a checkup.

Other papers were strange. One was filled with names of random people . While other as same words written again and again.

The same thing keep popping up.

'I Will save them'

Who is Alfred trying to save?

Is this what stressed him out to the point where he goes into another trance?

He expressed his concern to the others.

"Perhaps you're right Matthew. I suppose we have to ask him when he wakes up." England said.

"But what good will that do!"France exclaimed. "What if he goes into the trance again. We will never be able to get the answer."

In trance mode. Alfred's words are usually in code so it was hard to get him to talk. Out of everything that is the only good thing about the dreaded trance.

The last few were diary entries all about the same thing.

The future
The war
The end.

He handed the rest to Arthur and Francis (Ivan was driving the car. He claims that he can read and drive at the same time but Matthew is not taking any chances today)

Arthur came up with the theory that for some reason Alfred can see the future. After all he's been able to predict some events like the World wars for example. Canada remembered asking his brother a couple of times on things like how do he know where the enemy base is, or the event of 1812, why did his brother say those words.

His younger self did not understand at all. But perhaps...

"But Al does not believe in magic."

"Well.."Arthur said . "Even if it is not magic perhaps in his culture there is something else..what is it called again?"

Maybe. Canada looked back at his brother still sleeping in the backseat. If Alfred can see the future then what kind of future scares him so much?