Dolly

Chapter 4 Dolly

One of the things on America's bucket list was to be friends with the Unicorn that sent him back. The least that America could do is give the unicorn a home, right? Even though she might not even be born yet, his colonial age was probably the only chance he got to read England's book. Is he certain that he can memorize the book? Not at all, but knowing the basics would be nice.

He looked out the window holding the book in his hand. A picnic would be nice. He used to have plenty of picnics with his rabbit friends. America ran to the kitchen grabbing bread and butter. A simple sandwich will do. For dessert, he can just have some fruit.

He walked up to a hill away from the town and his little house (Alfred that's a manor.) He wanted to be with nature again which is something America did less and less when he grew up. Maybe he should put that on his bucket list as well.

Eventually, the big words and small font put America to sleep his book lay forgotten on the picnic table and a nearby rabbit as a stuffed animal. He didn't notice a pair of little girls sitting by him giggling to themselves. Their names were Dolly and Ginny. The daughters of a local rich man, the two girls like to think themselves as powerful. After all the other day they told their father that a classmate of theirs is a witch and he believed them. It wasn't just him that believed, the whole town believed their lies and pretty little Jean met her end. There was no way she could be so pretty. Not with that ugly mother of hers.

Father had told them many a time not to wander out of the town boundary. However, the two became curious, especially after they heard a rumor of a cute boy that lived over the hill. What's even better is that the boy is the son of a British nobleman. The right-hand man of the queen. Father will certainly agree. Today they found the boy sleeping on the ground. Well, at least he is sleeping on a blanket. Ginny the younger one of the two picked up the book that was beside the boy. "It seems that he's the studious type. How are we going to wake him up?"

"Easy!" Dolly said leaning over the young boy, allowing her lips to go on his cheeks. The boy's eyes flew open as he jumps back. "What was that for!?"

Dolly pouted. "You didn't like it."

The boy shook his head. "Not if you do it when I'm sleeping! What are you doing here? The town is far from this spot. If they catch you, you might get in huge trouble." He grabbed the two girls hand leading them back to the town.

"Can you at least tell us your name?" Dolly pleaded.

The boy sighed. "Alfred Kirkland, got it? Don't come back or the bear will eat you." He said as he turned around running back to the house.

"Ginny, I think I might fancy Alfred."

Alfred now stays inside his house at all times to avoid the girl. He can't even go buy bread without the girl sneaking behind him. But, today Alfred ran out of parchment and he needs them to write back to England. The older nation appreciates his letters from the other side of the ocean. Also, he wants to write to Canada who joined the family a while back, they may be far away but America wants to keep their relationship as close as possible.

He hopes Dolly is out today. As he walked out of the shop, the things he wanted in a bag, he met face to face with the bane of his existence. Why must fate be so cruel?

"Oh, Alfie. What a surprise meeting you here." She giggled.

Alfred rolled his eyes. "Yes, what a coincidence. Dolly may I be frank with you?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry to say this but I don't feel the way you feel about me. I'm sorry." He walked passed her and head back to his house.

Dolly clench her fists. "He didn't just... Well, She still has the book. She can show it to father and..it's goodbye Alfred."

Alfred smiled looking at the letter from England. It seems he's coming back for a while to spend time with his North American colonies. He needs to start cleaning. A knock took him out of thought. "Coming !" He shouted. "Who..." His voice died out watching the town in front of his eyes carrying various weapons pointed at him. "Huh?"

"Grab the boy" Someone shouted. Alfred couldn't move. He couldn't even speak. America can only watch in horror as he was taken away from his burning home. "You're going to hell where you go belong you, son of Satan." One of the men said.

America blinked away his tears. Of course, what did he expect.?He's going to get killed, at the hands of his own people, again.

Edited by @Thehero_50