13

The living room was a mess. Blank papers and ripped one scatter around the floor. A laptop or what's left of it thrown across to the wall where it remains.

Sofas and desk flipped and broken off lie on the floor. It was like some sort of mad dog ran in the living room.

"Al !" Matthew shouted running around the first floor . He was nervous. Did his brother do this himself or did someone attacked him?

"Matthew, we found him !"Arthur shouted from the stairs. Matthew ran up the stairs even skipping some steps on the way up.

Alfred was sleeping on his bed in his hand was a piece of paper. It was true. He did went into his trance after all.

"Do you think he was the one who messed up his home," France asked carefully pulling the paper out of the sleeping nation's hand. It was partly ripped just like everything else in the house. My plan for the future. It said. There was other writing but it was ripped away. Probably somewhere in the house .

"I think so too." England agrees (for once in his life . Canada found it scary how the two get along in the mission) "I saw we should look around. Find a trigger."

Right, the trance does not come for no reason. There has to be a trigger. The group split up looking around the house.

There was nothing in his kitchen nor his bathroom. His study was nice and clean save for a few papers on the floor but besides paperwork that the nation get from his boss it was nothing important. Now that Canada thinks about it.

His brother has all sorts of camera and spy tools but where does he keep account of it all. What's the whole point of taping something if you're not going to see it? He knows that his brother isn't the type to put that for fun. There has to be some sort of room.

So that's why he started throwing books on the floor and moving the bookcases and desks.

"What are you doing?" France asked. Canada quickly told him his idea. The older man nodded. That does sound like something Alfred will do. I will help." 

It was Francis who found the thing they were looking for a strange block in the ceiling of America's office with a little handle. Since they were always too busy looking down they never thought of looking up.

Matthew with the help of the stool manages to pull down the door and to get the ladder down as well. The three exchange glance.

"One of us need to stay behind and watch over America," France said. "I'll stay you two can go up,"

Arthur nodded. "Alright, are you ready to go now Canada?"

Upstairs the main room where Alfred is. His secret is most likely up there as well and maybe even a cure to his little trance. 

"I'm ready." He really grabbing  on to the edge of the ladder