Chapter 6 First Aid

1296 words

___________________________________________________

I take longer to eat than I usually would. While I eat, Chase leaves and upon my last bite, he's back, holding a blue tube in his hand.

"You sure took your time" he smiles, "Don't worry, I won't hurt you" he smiled.

I only nodded, biting my lip.

"No – don't start the silent treatment" he frowned, walking towards me.

"I wasn't giving you the silent treatment" I mumbled, thought I kind of wished that I had a reason to. Well, I kind of did but didn't want to be punished again, the sensations it had left would make me want to continue betraying my mate.

He nodded, "But you not really want a conversation with me do you?"

"Why would I?" I frowned, kind of wanting to know why I was so eager to talk to this boy all the time.

"Fair point" he said, seeming as if he wanted to say something else. Instead, he changed the subject, "I got your underwear cleaned by the way. You can put it on and then I put some cream on the bruises. Would be better" he said, nudging to above the cupboard. I hadn't noticed but there the garments were.

"Thanks" I said, heading over. I took hold of them, heading straight to the bathroom. Quickly getting dressed, I headed back into the room.

Chase nudges to the bed and I comply thought I'm hesitant to walk towards the bed. Placing the shirt next to me, I peer up at him, feeling my cheeks redden.

He lightly takes my hand in his, biting his lip.

Good, this is awkward for him too.

"Did I do this to you?" he asked, looking at my wrist. I slowly nodded, his face falling into complete disappointment.

"Sorry" he said, "I... I didn't realise how easily humans bruise" he said. I cringed, still not enjoying that word.

"What now?" he asked, opening the tub and getting out a finger fill of cream. He rubbed the cream lightly on the bruise.

"Nothing"

"Come on" he said, getting more cream. His fingers worked like magic, hitting each bruise without it being too painful.

"Nothing" I said, not really wanting to discuss it.

His fingers became rougher, me biting my lip to stop from taking my arm away.

"Can I ask you something" he asked, moving upper my arm.

I nodded, knowing if I didn't he was actually going to start hurting me, "Why did you give me the silent treatment? I have an idea but I just, I want to know if I'm right"

"Do you really have to tell you?"

He nodded, moving his hand to my shoulder.

"Don't call me human" I mumbled, not daring to look at him.

"Why not?" he frowned, moving to my other shoulder.

"Would you like it if I called you a murderer?" I said, glaring at him.

"No, but that statement isn't true" he says, pushing his fingers into my back.

"Mine neither" I snapped, folding my arms. We were silent for a moment, me feeling his fingers moving like magic across my skin. Tingling sensations burst from every push and glide. It felt amazing.