Chapter 37 Hidden

Joshua finally left me after I didn't answer the question. With a squeeze on the shoulder he headed back into the house. I – on the other hand – headed into the woods. It was my safe haven.

Or it had been. Up until I had taken a small short blonde girl as prisoner.

And had completely messed it up.

I must have been seeing things...

I saw her eyes first, those aqua orbs looking everywhere but where she was walking.

"...stupid...stupid asshole... fluffing bitch..." her mumbled made me smirk and when she came into full view I was struck but the change in her.

She had gotten a bit taller, her hair curlier, longer and darker. But those eyes, those eyes were exactly the same. Innocent and perfect.

I took a step into the trees, watching as she kept moving. She was determined thought I didn't know where the hell she was going. She's going to cross this border. I know she was.

And that can't happen again.

Her scent hit my nose and my hands started to shake. She smelt amazing. I sucked in my breath but instead of stopping the drunken feeling in my head, it only made things worse. If I was still a status I would have probably seen that line that was invisible to us normal werewolf. Never thought I'd say I was a normal werewolf.

Thought I knew exactly where that line was and once her left foot crossed the line, I rushed towards her. She slammed against a tree, her arms being held by my hands.

She starred at me, her eyes widened yet darkened.

"Chase..." she gasped.

"What are you doing here?" I growled, trying to not let the heat get to me. Seemed like she was still in it.

Damn – where was her mate?

"I...I..."

Before she could respond I attacked her mouth with my own.

_________________________________________

Okay, get ready for a long message. The reason this is early is because about ten minutes ago I reached 1K readers. Which probably isn't the biggest deal but for someone who can' t write a lot - it definitely is pretty awesome. 

Now time for some shout outs: trina1010, LavishYasmine, NOLISHA and infiniterose7914 - thankieessss. Will be posting next few chapters Sunday