Chapter 14 Games

1263 words

I've never – in my whole life – have gotten mood swings. I wasn't that type of person if I'm going to be completely honest. I was the girl who hung out in the background and had verbal fist fights with the to-be-alpha. The last time I've cried was when I was thirteen and didn't understand why everyone was turning except me. After that I didn't cry again. Up till now with this whole kidnapping story. Which still makes no sense to me. I'm a level-headed basically-twenty-one year old girl and here I am, snotting up because my KIDNAPPER won't pay any attention to me. Pretty disappointed with myself.

I also never got angry, never really seeing the appeal of boiling blood. Sure – the verbal fights I had, had with ass-hat Felix had been fun, but they had never gotten me mad. They were harmless. You know – except that one time last month but that's in the past now.

Being in Hellwood must be changing me. It has to. I get up from the bed, heading to the bathroom. Maybe it had the boiling blood thing and freaky mood shifts but I needed to cool down.

When I finish I get dressed in one of Chase's t-shirts before heading back to the bed.

"Enjoy your shower?" he smiled at me. My eyes widened, not having expected him to actually be in the room.

"It was fine" I said, "I borrowed one of your shirts again"

"What else are you supposed to wear?" he shrugs, "Sit down"

"Why?" I said, moving to the bed.

"Brought a game we can play" I look down at the board game the guy had set up. Has the mood shifts make me go crazy?

"Why?" I repeated, still not getting it.

"You said you wanted to hang out" he said simply, "Which character do you want to be? I prefer being Colonel Mustard but your choice"

"This is weird"

"It's a game Lily – do you want to play?"

I slowly nod, going to go sit opposite him. His legs are folded and he had already set up the whole game on the bed. The game looked old thought taken care of.

"Where'd you get this?" I asked, picking up one of the pieces. Back home we had a Cluedo thought we had lost almost all the pieces.

"Pack is obsessed with the game" he shrugs, "Which character?"

"Um... Peacock" I say, picking up the blue piece.

"Good choice" he grinned, seeming like an excited child.

XXX

"Fudge – yes! Okay!" Chase's excited has only increased since we've started playing. I have honestly never seen someone so excited about a board game before.

"Pay attention Peacock, because your downfall is about to come" he says, wiggling his eyebrows. He gathers the objects and excitedly places my character in the Kitchen with the wrench.

"What would a society girl be doing with a wrench?" I ask, grinning at him.

"Better question is, what were you doing in the kitchen? Mrs. White is going to be pissed you splattered her master's blood over her cooking"

"She'll get over it" I laugh and pick up the envelope. I slowly open it, enjoying the torment I'm putting Chase through. We've played this game about five times now and every time Chase has beaten me. So far, my character have somehow been a mass-murderer for two rounds.

Three times...

"What does it say?"

"Mrs. White is next" I say, placing the cards down on the board.

Chase lets out a howl, fisting the air in utter childlike excitement.

"You sure the pack is obsessed with this game and not just you?"

"Be quiet Peacock, you're going to jail"

"Only if you catch me" I giggle, jumping up from the bed. Chase's eyes darken with the challenge and he slowly gets up. I dash to the other side of the bed, Chase getting ready to come get me.

Through a lot of giggling and feeling like a complete idiot, I sprint across the bed just as he comes for me.

"Have to try harder than that Colonel" I giggle, feeling slightly lightheaded. Must be from all the thinking and trying to beat Mr. Detective.

Chase lets out a playful growl, climbing over the bed. I giggle once again, speeding towards the bathroom. I don't know why this was my plan of action but goodness knows, I'm actually having proper fun for once.

I'm just about to close the door and deem 'escaped' when Chase's hand pushes the door open.

"No!" laughter filters out of my mouth as he slowly makes his way towards me. His hands wrap around my waist and I'm thrown over his shoulder.

"Let me go" the words are muffled by my complete hysteric laughing. Chase places me back down on the bed, grinning at me.

"Got you"

"How do we know I don't have an accomplice huh?" I ask, leaning towards me.

"Because everyone is on my side" he smiles, leaning down as well. Our heads are so close to each other now that I can feel his breath against my lips.

"I'm not" I whisper, starring into his eyes. Chase opens his mouth and my eyes fall to those plump delicious lips. So perfect, so kissable.

"Lily..." he whispers and that's all it takes to make me cross the small boundary of space between us. I connect our lips, praying that he will kiss me back.

It only takes him a second. His hands are on my cheeks, bringing my face closer to his. My hands are still rested on the board, knowing that my balancing skills aren't as great as his. I open my mouth, inviting his tongue to dance with mine. O goodness, this feels so good.

As quick as lightning I push the game aside, closing the space between us. My fingers entangle themselves in his hair, Chase's hands travelling down to my back. He pushed my chest even closer to his, his one hand moving even downer to pinch my bum.

Fire burns within me and I need more. This is an actual craving now. My legs wraps around his waist, allowing both his hands to cup my bum. My hands fall to his neck, wanting him even closer to me. I swear we couldn't actually, yet my body yearned for it.

Except...

Slowly my hands move to his shirt, knowing that his hands will support me as I slowly start to unbutton the clothing piece. I force my mouth away from his so my eyes can have access to the beautiful pecks that's finally shown to me.

O hot damn...

Chase is a god. A fudging god! His tanned and so, so toned. Every muscle you can see and as the buttons become less, they reveal more. More magnificent mouth-watering muscles. He has eight freaking perfect blocks, my hands actually able to lightly trace the gorgeous dents. The muscles lead downer, creating a perfect V-line that is stopped by his jeans. O, how I need access to what that v-line is leading to. When I look up, his starring at me – his eyes dark and filled with lust.

He slowly leans us down so I'm lying on the bed and positions himself so his sitting on me. I look up at him, my mouth drying. His stare is fixated on me, never wavering for a minute. He slowly takes off the shirt, revealing even more godlike features and I swear I'm about to self-combust right there. He leans down, his lips attacking mine once again while his hands quickly unbutton my own shirt.

His lips slowly moves away from mine, moving to my neck and assaulting my nerves there.