Chapter 24 Missing

I barely miss the tree with the speed I'm currently running. But when I stop, disappointing fills me once again. No one, absolutely deserted. Like it has been for every flipping horrendous day!

A part of me is kind of happy that the boarder is vacant. Goodness knows what I'll do to whoever decides to appear. Flipping assholes...

How could they!? How dare they even!? I let out a growl for absolutely no one in particular, feeling anger course through my veins. I should just go there and get Lily. Thought I know that, that would be the stupidest decision in the whole world.

I won't even make it a mile before I'll be ripped to shreds. A shiver runs down my spine as the thought crosses my mind. Is she even still alive?

Gulping, the memory goes through my mind for the millionth time. Reaching the pack neighbourhood and waiting for her. We waited until the sun rose before we finally realised she wasn't going to come. That's the thing about waiting, you kind of hope that the person might just appear the next five minutes. Blame it on wandering off or exploring more.

But Lily wasn't like that. Especially not after what had happened. She would have come straight back. Her parents and I had made the trip to the boarder and then we saw it... the small slightly torn garment that we knew the girl had been wearing. It had smelt like her and I had drunken in her scent.

Growling, I shake the memory out of my head. All that matters now is to get revenge on Hellwood. One single flipping wolf at a time.

Suddenly my ears pick up on something. I turn my head, scanning the woods in front of me. It's something fast and light grey. Even though it's smaller than usual I have no doubt that it's a wolf. As it becomes clearer, a boiling warmth fills my senses. Forcing a growl to come through my teeth, I back up, getting ready to kill.

Once the thing comes into full view, I'm ready for it. Without a second thought, I leap, catching the monster around the neck. It yelps out in pain and I feel satisfaction course through me. I'm just about to bite down when the smell makes it way to my nose.

Lilacs... it's always lilacs.

I let go of her, the small wolf dropping to the ground.

Lily?

The wolf let out a whimper, lifting her head. Those eyes starred into mine and the feeling of warmth filled my heart once again. Pure happiness crawled itself into my feeling. She was alive! She was actually ALIVE!!!

Her eyes were beautiful, damn I couldn't get over it. It was like starring at someone brand new even though I've known her since we were diapers.

Lily

She stood up, her paws moving backwards. Aw shit... I must have scared her.

I'm sorry, thought you were someone else

My ears picked up a howl and I knew I had to get the girl away from the border. Actually back to where she belongs.

Come on, we need to get you back home

Thewolf nods, slowly standing up. She's clumsy at first but then she gets settledon her paws. We start to move back to our pack, excitement growing in mystomach