Chapter 19 Asleep

More character growth - bare with it. It's important to the book :) Also, this chapter was actually quite fun to write. It gives more insight about the werewolf patterns I want represented in this book 

(1036 words) 

_____________________________________________________

When I've finished, Chase takes it upon himself to check the back of my head even thought I had assured him that I was fine.

"Lily listen – I flipping pushed you against the board so hard you passed out" he said, his teeth gritted.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked, my voice going quiet.

He closes his eyes, his mouth forming a frown line. I can see he regrets it. He probably regrets a lot when it comes to me.

"Because I lost control" he says through those gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled, bending my head down so he can check for any bruising. He doesn't respond and instead, checks my head before instructing me to get into bed and get some rest. I do as he asks thought know I wasn't going to be able to sleep.

I was going to shift tomorrow. I had waited twenty one years, 250 months, 7665 days and now it was finally happening. I was going to become a wolf. No more squirrel girl. No more flying through the sky.

Instead I'll be able to howl, be part of my pack.

Find my mate...

I turn around, my eyes widening when I see Chase staring at me.

"Everything okay?" I asked, feeling awkwardness seeping in.

He nods, "Just want to make sure nothing is going to happen to you"

I slowly nod, closing my eyes. I can still feel him looking at me and I force myself to turn around. Somehow – maybe because the heat had completely wiped me out – I let slumber consume me.

When I wake up I find Chase still in the room thought he has a book with him. When he notices me stirring he immediately puts the novel down and head towards me.

"How are you feeling?" his eyes scan my face, lingering by my lips before finally ending starring into my eyes. I can feel the heat starting up again thought it's not so bad as before.

"I'm okay" I respond, not wanting to worry him even more.

"Are you hungry? Chevy had brought dinner" he says, pointing towards the two plates of pizza slices on the dresses. My stomach immediately reacts and Chase's face transforms into a smile.

"Guess that answers me question" he grins, getting the plates and handing one of them to me.

The slices are cold thought I've never minded cold pizza. I was probably the only person out there that preferred cold pizza to warm.

"How long was I asleep for?" I ask, noticing that it's light outside.

"It's nine in the morning" Chase says, taking a bite of his slice. My eyes widen as realisation filters through me. I had fallen asleep late afternoon meaning I had definitely slept for more than twelve hours.

"Did you stay here this whole time?" I gulped, feeling guilty.

"I don't mind" he responded and after a moment a smirk appears on his face, "You talk in your sleep"

My eyes widened and my heart started beating fast once again. Chase chuckles, his eyes twinkling.

"What... what did I say?"

Chase's smile grows wider as he takes another bite of pizza.

"Chase, please?" I say, biting my lip.

He chuckles once more before ruffling my hair.

"Fine – fine – seeing that it's your shift-day" he smiles, "I think your wolf took control of your dreams"

"Why?" I ask, frowning at him.

"You howled, growled and well... you have an adorable bark"

I can feel my cheeks heating up, my eyes widening. I BARKED in my sleep!?!? Chase starts laughing once again which only increases my blush. Jeez... my cheeks are hot.

"Shut up" I grumble, taking a bite of pizza to hide my embarrassment.

"It's fine, don't worry" he chuckle but then it slowly disappears.

"What?"

"You're reddening again" he says, his eyebrows knitting together.

"It's because I'm blushing" I say, giving him a light smile thought he still looks worried, "I'm fine Chase"

"You sure?"

"Hundred percent" I say, "Did I really bark?"

The smile returns and he nods excitedly, "But it's honestly not the worst"

"What's the worst?"

This time his cheeks redden, "Come on, speak"

"What are you going to do to me if I don't?" he smiles, lifting up an eyebrow.

I glare at him thought the smile is still on my face, "You don't want to know"

"O' I think I do"

"You know I am an expert murderer right?" I say, wiggling my eyebrows, "Especially in kitchens with wrenches"

He laughs, "I think I can take you"

My cheeks feel flush once again, my heartbeat picking up speed.

"Come on- just tell me" I mumbled, wanting to take another bite of pizza but it had disappeared.

"Fine, fine" he chuckles, "But no judging or I'm recording your barks" he threatens.

"Promise"

Chase's cheeks redden once again and after coughing he speaks, "Well, okay – so... we were all chilling in the sitting room and while watching movies I fell asleep. And okay, it was a day before my shift so it's understandable but Matt still talks about it every single time when there's some speech about me. So, birthdays, initiations, what have you, there's the speech"

"About what? You're stalling" I say, folding my arms jokingly.

"I humped the coach cushions until it tore" My eyes go wide and I try not to start laughing. I can only imagine a younger version of Chase, innocently sleeping and his body rocking back and forth. My cheeks flush once again and I shake the thought away.

"See, lot worse than barking" he says, his cheeks as red as mine probably are.

"You know you're a wereWOLF right, not a wereBUNNY" I giggle.

"Shut up" he says, throwing a cushion at me, "It was the day before the shift. My wolf took over"

"Your wolf being part bunny that is"

At that the boy lunches for me. He grabs me in a hold, his fingers tickling my stomach until I'm gasping for breath.

"No – stop – stop –stop" I say, shoving his hands off of me. I give him a glare, folding my arms.

"I'm going to remember that you're ticklish"

"Shut up" I grumbled, "At least I didn't hump a coach"

"You want to be tickled again?" he said, rising his eyebrow.